New to forum.

Looking for advice.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New to forum.

Postby Amychristine » 13 Feb 2020, 22:27

Ok thanks. I’m hoping to get one done this year if I can.
Amychristine
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Amychristine » 13 Jan 2021, 16:04

So I had an exam turns out I just have one fissure from what she could see. She said I have an external hemmoroid and an old hemmoroid tag. She said I couldn’t have Banding done because it wasn’t internal so my question is has anyone had an external hemmoroid removed surgically? How was the recovery if so? I am considering getting those of them removed. Thanks.
Amychristine
Salt Bather

Postby Lin_2010 » 16 Jan 2021, 19:02

I've had multiple fissures. One heals, another pops up then heals. Sometimes a couple will re-tear at once if I have a week of bad BM events. Fortunately restoralax has prevented me from getting to that point again (I'll start taking it if I feel things aren't going well).

I'm in Nova Scotia. I always wonder if their reluctance is due to the nature of our health care system. They seem to air on the side of conservative treatment first. I'm getting re-referred to the GS that saw me 2 years ago as conservative treatment has not been working for me.

In the meantime, I hope you find this forum as useful as I have. I've tried a lot of suggestions on here...some don't work for me, some have helped a lot. Everyone is different but there is a ton of people on here with lots of info.
Lin_2010
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Amychristine » 16 Jan 2021, 22:58

I agree with the health care system it’s similar in BC. I’ll buy some restore lax thanks for the suggestion. This forum has helped a ton and had made me feel less alone as well. I am considering travelling to get laser surgery done in the future. I really wish it was available in Canada but it might be available in the states soon. Apparently it’s way less risky then other treatments and healing time is quicker.
Amychristine
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 13 Jul 2021, 17:38

What is this laser treatment? Amychristine have you had it done yet? I'm very interested.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Amychristine » 13 Jul 2021, 19:01

I have not as it’s not available close by. I’ll pm you.
Amychristine
Salt Bather