New to here...

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New to here...

Postby Deleted User 2322 » 15 Feb 2013, 20:08

Hey there! Started having some painful BM's about 8 mo's ago. After a few more months it seem to cause bleeding and what I suspect some internal and external roids and I guess a fissure. Got so bad that bm's seem to get stuck half coming out... My bm's seem to have a clay like/pebble like tip. What is that about???
Started to eat more veggies for fiber, more water and I started taking Miralax. Went to my doc and he gave me some proctozone cream for the roids... Which only seem to help a little. Said to go to a GI if I still having issues after the fiber increase. (Still have not seen the GI)
I'm still on the Miralax for months which works like a charm. I used some vitamin e suppositories and after a few weeks my roids seem much much better. Very little discomfort now and no bleeding...
However, when I try to stop taking the Miralax, the same old hard tip stools seem to come back pretty quickly.
Not sure where to start from here....Any tips/suggestions?
Deleted User 2322

Re: New to here...

Postby delasama » 15 Feb 2013, 21:04

My crs told me to take 17g miralax in morning and again at night for my fissure. I would take miralax for at least a year if I were you.unless you can find a diet that will work.im gonna take miralax forever lol I think my fissure is starting to heal since I started miralax.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby Deleted User 2322 » 16 Feb 2013, 07:47

The stuff works great but I'm a bit worried about taking Miralax for a long time. There are some pretty scary articles recently about the stuff being real bad for you long term. Not sure of how true they are. Geez, we gave this stuff to our kids for months as directed by Pediatricians...
Deleted User 2322

Postby Jessjess » 16 Feb 2013, 11:12

Hello and welcome to the forum! I am post LIS and fissurectomy so I am trying to adjust my diet so there is NO straining. Besides fruits veggies and water, I have cinnamon raisin bread at night with couple of chopped prunes and butter. Prunes are the healthiest way to regulate and smooth out the digestive system. Hope this helps!
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5