New To The Forum

Fissure repair still in pain

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New To The Forum

Postby KREOLE » 19 Dec 2016, 18:19

Good day, Had a fissure repaired on Friday the 13th of April 2012.
Been in pain ever since, I was never in pain before the procedure was only bleeding after bowel movements.
The surgeon promised that might be a little pain but it should go away. Wrong. My life is well and truly stuffed.

Was a Martial Artist for over 35 years and loved fixed wing flying, Cannot do any of those. Now having Botox injections every six months to no avail. Some days I get very bad thought, My pain is getting worst. I was on Endone, Tramadole, Palexia, Endep, Lyrica for over four years, And about two weeks ago I went cold turkey. It was a very bad decision but I want these pain killers out of my system. Every night before going to bed I pray to god that I do not wake up in the morning.
KREOLE

Topics: 1

Re: New To The Forum

Postby Mypoorbutt » 20 Dec 2016, 03:32

Hi Kreole, welcome to the group,
Really sorry to hear that you are suffering so much and for so long that's awful. What operation did you have done originally that set this pain off? Do you get any kind of relief from the Botox? Do you know if this is a spasming pain or a nerve pain. Does it only start after you have been to the toilet? There must be something they can do, if your fissure is still active there are other options to try. Sorry if I seem to be asking questions. Just interested in your story.
I cannot imagine living with the kind of pain I have had for the over 4 years, I have only had this 18 months and it has drove me to the edge. you must be a very strong and brave person, it only normal to have thoughts like that if you know that every day you wake up you are going to be in that much pain.
You sound like you led a very active life so please don't give up try and remain strong. You have put up with so much I'm sure at some point the doctors will be able to find something to help you
Take care
MPB
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20