New to the fourms.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New to the fourms.

Postby telv » 11 Jan 2013, 16:17

Hi, nice to know other people are here as well. My fissure started about a year ago. I am a 19 year old male. After about 8 or 9 months I've got the bleeding to calm down, but I seem to keep getting flat and thin stools if I forget to take my nitro cream that was prescribed. When I do take it they return to a decent size and shape. Could the problem just be a tight muscle?
telv

Topics: 1

Re: New to the fourms.

Postby PIA » 12 Jan 2013, 02:29

Hi telv, I too am a Newbie and still learning about this condition. Perhaps you have healed your fissure but still susceptible to sphincter spasm, which will predispose you to an increased chance of a fissure recurring. So I would think that you should follow all the wonderful information on this forum regarding drinking lots of water, increase fibre intake and avoid constipation at all costs. I am unsure if there are any long term side effects from continous use of nitro cream but would imagine the benefits might outweigh the drawbacks. It sounds like you are otherwise pain free which is a great place to be.
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4