New user here....

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New user here....

Postby elsa14 » 24 Feb 2013, 03:17

Hello to everyone..I still haven't been to a doctor yet, but I'm very very sure that what I'm dealing with is a fissure. The pain and discomfort is really getting me down and along with that, I have now been experiencing the most unbearable itching imaginable for the past 5 days. I know it sounds pretty dramatic, but I honestly don't feel like doing anything because of this stupid annoyance. It's just so distracting and uncomfortable, it gets in the way of sleeping, it bothers me during the day. I can't stand it. I already have tinnitus, so I can definitely say I didn't need persistent itching to bother me at night too.
I've had the obvious blood and sharp pain each time I used the bathroom for the past few weeks, but I thought this issue was finally starting to getting better, as there's fortunately been a marked decrease in blood and pain with each visit to the bathroom for the past 3 days now. I've been consistently taking stool softeners, Im trying to add more fiber to my diet, I take long warm baths with epsom salt, I don't know what else to do. And now this god awful itching. Can someone please tell me the itching is normal will go away soon and that it's a "healing itch"...because I've tried a few otc anti-itch creams and still nothing helps. When I think it's finally dissipating on it's own, it comes back at some point during the day and then stays for the rest of the day. Plus, I have read some discouraging things online about the itching sticking around for months at a time for some people. I'm 18 years old and have never experienced anything like this, and I'm also pretty worrisome/pessimistic by nature, so I guess some reassurance is what I am looking for.
Thank you everyone.
elsa14

Topics: 1

Re: New user here....

Postby owmybum » 24 Feb 2013, 13:51

Hi elsa,
I'm sorry to hear of your discomfort... But you have come to the right place for info and support.
You sound like you are doing everything right so far with diet and stool softeners.
As for the itching... It could be healing or it could be down to irritation.
I would book an appt with your dr so they can take a peek and properly diagnose, and give you the right treatment.
You will be given the right cream to stop the itching!
Hang on in there and try not to worry.
OMB xx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !