New user

Intro

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New user

Postby bouttime » 25 Apr 2020, 13:29

Hello, I joined a couple days ago. I am 53 Male, I have had issues since as long as I can recall.
I just have learned to live with it but I want to do something about it.
I have never been to Dr about it, usually too wrapped up in anxiety or blood work issues.
I am borderline diabetic and cholesterol is high and BP is high.

My diet is pretty good, fruits, nuts, vegetables and I run, or walk or bike now and then.

I don't take the meds I am supposed to except the BP one, because I drink too much and I keep thinking I will get more exercise and heal myself naturally so I avoid the Dr and the colonoscopy I am due for because my anus is so sore all the time the thought of going for that is terrifying and embarrassing.

I am getting sick of taking 3-6 tries to fully have a BM. Also I have recurring fissure and irritation some bleeding but mostly just irritation and pain.

I can never seem to fully relax without then tightening up before I am done. So I uses a lot of wipes , diaper cream whatever I can to stay normal.

It has gone on for so many years I don't even know any different. Reading here and doing other searches on the web is very helpful. I dint even realize there was a name for stuff like this until I stumbled on a Duke university website document a while ago.

I will lurk around and maybe someday I can help someone else. I know this can be a tough thing because it is hard to share with others who don't have it. It seems too weird and unfortunately I am still getting over the shame because I always just chalked it up to bad potty training experience I had as a kid and I should just grow up and relax.

Thanks for sharing on this site
bouttime

Topics: 2

Re: New user

Postby bouttime » 25 Apr 2020, 13:44

Sorry I didnt realize my first intro post went through, so I sort of doubled it up
bouttime

Topics: 2

Re: New user

Postby Pzgre » 01 May 2020, 00:25

I know what you mean by learning to live with it.
It is a very painful condition and totally changes how we live day to day.
Pzgre
Salt Bather

Topics: 1