new year, new routine, new strategies...what r u doing new?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

new year, new routine, new strategies...what r u doing new?

Postby happyass » 03 Jan 2008, 13:41

well i have been a bit iffy about posting this but ever since i went to peru back in november i have gone off my previous routine.
since peru, i have been eating yogurt every now and then because i had something go wrong inside my digestive system and then i needed rebuild my flora since i took flagyl.
anyway, everything before then, my chinese herbs, my aloe vera juice, my supplements like fish oil and flax seed oil....all the stuff that i was doing before......i haven't been doing them.
i haven't really had any fissure issues since i would guess last spring/summer for good after the colonoscopy.
the only problem that remains is my friend laverne and/or shirley. they go through the motions. they are skin tag(s) or little thrombosed viens that hang out about 5 degrees tot he right of my 12 oclock.
however, i use my vicks, chinese ointment and/or tinactin on it every now and then and it helps.
other than that, i haven't had any bad issues and feel almost as normal. i still am a bit scared to really relax and BM since i don't want to relax too much and then have something zoom out uncontrollably by surprise and rip whatever healed tissue is down there.
as far as new routines go, i started yesterday to get back to macrobiotics 90% of the time and begin taking my chinese herbs, zhi bo di huang pian and xiao cheng qi pian. i will continue to have yogurt on a daily basis via danactive.
i will also try to do something physical for 30 minutes each day to help increase motion within the digestive system, such as yoga, stretching, walking, etc.
i think reducing stress is a big thing for me to also help keep things regular down there.
what are you doing new for this year for your butt? :12:
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Re: new year, new routine, new strategies...what r u doing new?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 03 Jan 2008, 13:52

Hey, I like the pug smilie!
I will keep doing what I did all last year for my butt, which is to continue to lay off the junk food and eat right.
My butt would really like it if I used moisturized wipes instead of regular old TP, maybe I'll start...
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 03 Jan 2008, 13:58

kim, yes, please get the charmin freshmates ASAP!!!! no more TP!!!!!
however, just because they are moist wipes doesn't mean they can't irritate the bum tho. just keep it gentle and easy on the wiping!
happy wiping!!!!!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 03 Jan 2008, 17:47

Gareth,
I am going to start babysitting again for my two fav kids Jesse and Troy.
I am going to join the field house at our local college and start walking this winter.
I am going to STAY ON MY ROUTINE so I can enjoy this summer.
I might even try find a new boyfriend. LOL We will see.
I am going to keep checking this forum to see if I can help anyone and hopefully give out good advice like I got.
Patty

Postby juney » 03 Jan 2008, 18:39

i'm going to continue with 2 stool softeners, 2 flaxseed oil pills, and 2 fishoil pills everyday, along with 2 tablespoons of MOM every night...and a healthy diet! i have to admit i went off my diet a bit over the holidays...and i wasn't able to take hot baths after my uterine surgery but i plan to start doing both again immediately! i've been having LOTS of good days lately and i've definitely decided to stick with what works. Maybe i'll alter things in 4-6 weeks. for now i'm so happy to get my soft BM out of the way in the morning and have no pain during the day for the first time in a year and half!!!! there are no words to describe the hell that was 2007. i'm glad it's a new year :)
here's to a great 2008 and HEALING for everyone!!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Fissulyna » 03 Jan 2008, 22:49

I am going to join Vicans and start meditating under my Oak tree.
I will regularly "moon-bathe" my butt under a full moon - probably where the expression "mooning" came from. The tidal force will help my blood circulation and hence heal my fissure.
I will make outdoor bathroom where I can squat and have aloe planted by its door so I can wipe my butt with fresh, organic aloe juice.
I will also buy bunch of heliotrope crystals, make a circle in the middle of my living room and spend one hour a day sitting there energizing my sphincters
I will eat normal food but "seasoned " with outdoor dirt, so I will get enough
natural bugs and FOS that we are missing because we wash our fruits and veggies and we are meant to have them in our guts to promote healthy immune response.
I will buy Kimono and Japanese wood sandals and make it my staple wardrobe items so that I do not look weird when I walk in half-bow position and make tiny steps. Waste line is also easily adjustable so I will not have to spend fortune for the whole new line of clothes size 4
And last, but not the least - I will start having sex anytime, anywhere, anyhow
regardless of the mood of my butt.
Fyssulina the Lilly Goddess, daughter of the midnight dew :treeheart:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby juney » 03 Jan 2008, 23:07

hahah fissulyna you crack me up! i bet all that crazy stuff would work though Image
as for the last part...i think my bf would "cheers!" you on that. stupid butt problems really got in the way of our sex life last year!
LOL
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 04 Jan 2008, 13:41

hehehe Fiss :)
I am going to stick to a healthy diet with lots of fresh fruit and veg, I've been doing this since Dec 06 and lost the 56lb I needed to shift after my son was born.
I'm also going to try and take more exercise, I do a fair bit anyway with a 2 year old, but I need to do 30 mins of proper cardio stuff :)
I'm going to start using aloe gel as well, it seems to work for a lot of you so I'll give it a go :)

Postby Guest » 04 Jan 2008, 13:50

I am hoping that I can get rid of the hemorrhoids once and for all and not get any complications on top of it.

Yeah, Fiss-you should be a writer. You are so funny!!!

Sex would be nice too in the New Year. :bedheart:

Postby val » 04 Jan 2008, 13:58

Hey Fis,
have you ever thought of becoming a commedienne, you're hilarious! Far more entertaining than any of our so called comediens on TV!
I resolve to hopefully recover well and actually start "living" again instead of just kind of existing from day to day and being miserable. And to take all the supplements every day without fail all through the year, even if I feel better. And stay on the diet because it works and I've lost loads of weight!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86