Newbie!

Advice on Rectogesic?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Newbie!

Postby scottishsorebum » 18 Mar 2016, 11:00

Hello

I am a 25 year old girl living in London and have been suffering in silence for a few years. I’m new to the forum, but have been reading for a while. It’s been so helpful to know that there are so many other people (including those of my own age) with the same problem! It’s also been good research. For example I stumbled across a thread about Magnesium Citrate – I now take this 3 times a day and definitely feel it is making my stools a lot softer – so thank you AF forum!!!

I self-diagnosed haemorrhoids 3(ish) years ago and this February was diagnosed with a fissure, and small haemorrhoids. I also have a skin tag that I think is scar tissue from healed haemorrhoids. Was prescribed neozem (diltiazem) and anusol suppositories. Both to be taken twice a day for 8 weeks.

Initially the Neozem was working wonders but then developed an itch so was moved on to Rectogesic. I have been using Rectogesic for almost a week now. Having read some information about it on this forum I was prepared for some nasty side effects. I do get a headache but I can live with it. I also feel lightheaded and tired overall. However I think it’s definitely working, so I figure I should put up with it for 6/7 more weeks if it’s going to make me better, right?

The side effect I wanted to know if other people (particularly women) have suffered from is a burning feeling in my chest and breasts, sometimes when I breathe. Has anyone out there experienced this? In the leaflet that came with the medicine, it did say that chest pain is a rare side effect but I wasn’t expecting to feel any strange sensation in my breasts. Sometimes they’re itchy too.

I have a doctor’s appt next week so will bring it up with them.

Thanks in advance :D
Fissure diagnosed Feb 2016
Prescribed Diltiazem & Anusol – developed itch with Diltiazem
Moved onto Rectogesic – to use for 8 weeks
Taking Magnesium Citrate tablets
Botox and Skin Tag Removal July 2017
scottishsorebum
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Newbie!

Postby scottishsorebum » 18 Mar 2016, 11:40

Oh and if possible can anyone comment on if they've experienced any side effects when drinking alcohol whilst using Rectogesic?

Thanks!
Fissure diagnosed Feb 2016
Prescribed Diltiazem & Anusol – developed itch with Diltiazem
Moved onto Rectogesic – to use for 8 weeks
Taking Magnesium Citrate tablets
Botox and Skin Tag Removal July 2017
scottishsorebum
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2