Greetings.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Postby Frankinbum » 17 May 2017, 11:53

Hello, I'm new here. I tried to post before, not sure if it went through.
I'm Frankie, been dealing with fistulas for 5 plus years, had surgery just last week to "drain" one. Will have another surgery next week. I'm so glad to find this forum/group.

Take care, F.
Frankinbum

Topics: 1

Re: Newbie

Postby LemonMan » 23 May 2017, 07:54

Glad to see you here. Good luck with the surgeries. How is it going?
LemonMan
Aug 14: Anal Abscess diagnosed
Dec 15: Anterior Anal Fissure diagnosed
Jan 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of Jan
Apr 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of May
Sep 16: Fissure back. Started Anoheal again
May 17: Botox and banding - fingers crossed
LemonMan
VIP

Topics: 4

Postby Frankinbum » 23 May 2017, 13:37

It's been going. My doctor wants a CT scan before my colonoscopy, I don't know if he can pull that off, but I am hopeful.
My surgery was on may 12, he said they left a draining tube. Which I am kinda used to. (I think I shall explain my issues/story after this entry or in the next week, in a new subject line) it's been as everyone here knows uncomfortable, super annoying. I have been following the doctors orders, sits bathes etc.
I've just been monitoring the area. From the beginning the raw pain, the lovely stuff that follows. I pray for fast healing.
I'm not really sure what they will do besides the colonoscopy. I'm just hoping for answers.
Like a lot of people, I had know idea about this issue, never heard of family,friends,co workers etc having it. It's super scary to be on your own, and looking on the net for some clue,reason,help with answers. That's why I was like I should see if there's a support group online, I'm so happy I've found you all,this site. Doctors,family etc can slightly get the issue but they don't really know the pain, or the weird emotions the sensitivity on this subject. Hermriods I one thing, you know, this disease/virus whatever, it truly is, it's so hard to open up to people about it because of the 'area' it's in. I would Never wish this pain, on my worse enemy. I truly hope everyone here, is doing well, feeling/having a Good day.
(I do have some good family and fabulous friends who support me, & I thank God for them each day,it's a struggle but I know we all have that feeling where it's just us surviving daily.) I wish everyone all the best, thanks for reading & I hope we all heal 100 percent, & get back to normal. Whatever normal really is. Prayers,good luck, fast healing!

Big hello to Lemon Man :thanx: I'm surviving. How are you doing? Hope your having a good pain free day.

Yours truly,
Frankie
Frankinbum

Topics: 1

Postby Canadabum » 23 May 2017, 21:12

Frankie -- sounds like you've been through the ringer ...so glad you found this forum. It is a real help in so many ways to all us long suffering butt people. Be well and take care.

Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19