NHS Botox Recovery

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

NHS Botox Recovery

Postby sarahkp » 02 Jul 2016, 09:40

I'm booked in this Friday for EUA, sigmoidoscopy, dilation and Botox x 3. Not sure if any kind of fissurectomy will be involved as my CRS didn't mention it during the consultation. He's basically refused to do LIS because I'm a woman of childbearing age, even though I don't have any children nor do I know if I actually want them, but he's booked me in as an urgent case so he must think my fissure is pretty bad :dunno:

What is the recovery like for this sort of procedure? Is it usually painful for a while afterwards? I was planning on having a week off work but am I likely to need more/less time?
sarahkp

Topics: 2

Re: NHS Botox Recovery

Postby Mypoorbutt » 02 Jul 2016, 10:27

Hi Sarah,
I'm nearly on week 4 after Botox my first week was pretty rough but I had a fissurectomy too on quite a long fissure. It hurt but the spasms weren't there and that was what I was afraid of. I did start to feel a difference in the tightness around 2 weeks and feel that if I had my BMs under control then I would be healing better. If you have issues with too many BMs really try and come up with a plan...same for if you get constipated.
I have a Botox diary on here as does HTD who just had Botox...we have differing bowel issues so there is a perspective from each
Mine didn't want to do LIS but I insisted that I would have 1 go at Botox then have LIS if no improvement...I'm female had 2 large children but my sphincter tightness was 5 so let's be honest there's not much chance of me having an accident lol. My surgeon has agreed to LIS because after having a proper look my fissure is long and deep...so I think that even after Botox I will be getting LIS later in the year.
Sorry back to you I would advise 2 weeks off work just in case he does a fissurectomy they can do that sometime if your fissure looks messy. I know I found walking very uncomfortable up until day 13/15 then I went back to normal.
Hope this helps any other questions please ask away
Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby sarahkp » 02 Jul 2016, 10:50

Useful info, thanks! I'm concerned because I'm IBS-D with lactose intolerance so getting BMs under control has always been a problem for me. When things are under control that's when the fissure starts up again! It feels like a never ending cycle.

I don't really have any idea of how big my fissure actually is. It has been looked at now by at least 4 different doctors and because of how painful it is they've not been able to have a proper look at it, plus now I have a sentinel pile to contend with!
sarahkp

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 02 Jul 2016, 11:08

Ah I have IBS D lactose intolerant too and find that very difficult to achieve any healing...4 days after the Botox I had a flare and was going 12/20 x a day horrendous. I'm trying psyllium at the moment to bulk them out as mine can be just liquid which feels like acid...it works really well some days others not so great. All I can say is I personally don't know if Botox can help a fissure when your going that often....you could ask your surgeon as mine seems evasive about that lol... But no spasm only on the days when I went over 8x so that's a good thing.
Yup got a sentinel pile and a couple of others too lol.
Because of how long mine is the docs could only ever see the beginning of it but when I came out of surgery he was like that's one of the worst I have seen in over 20 years....errrr I was telling you all I'm in agony lol
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20