Not normal....

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Not normal....

Postby buttgirl » 26 Feb 2008, 10:37

So I have not been feeling too bad lately and I decided to try reducing the amount of mag I take from 900mg to 600mg. BIG MISTAKE! Sunday was a stressful day and yesterday's bm left me sorer than I've been in months. Today, I'm still sorer than I've been in months. I guess I'm not ready for even a normal fluffy poo yet....
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Re: Not normal....

Postby Guest » 26 Feb 2008, 11:26

Yeah, I am finding too that if I deviate at all I end up regretting it. I started bleeding today more than usual and am in so much pain. I feel like I have undone a weeks worth of progress here. I have to basically get it like diarrhea but then it kind of is forceful coming out and that causes some bleeding. I don't know what I did differently yesterday except I took a small dose of valium to help my bottom relax. I am thinking of going the botox avenue if I could find someone interested in helping me.

I think before testing the waters you need a good, long, history of painfree bms.

Hang in there. Any new about moving the surgery up to March?

Postby motherluch » 26 Feb 2008, 11:37

Lecia,
Shouldn't you be almost healed by now? What do you think is keeping you in pain and bleeding? I feel so sorry for you, I hope it won't be much longer before you are feeling a lot better. What is your Dr. saying??
BG What type of mag are you on? MOM? I would not change anything keep up your regular dose to keep things ultra soft and easy. My new philosophy is "The more Mag...the better"!!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby Guest » 26 Feb 2008, 11:42

WEll, I should be better by now and that is why I am so depressed. The doctor doesn't seem very concered but it isn't her butt. We are starting to call in some favors to see a CRS at a medical school and see if they can help us work towards finding a solution. I seem to never fit into any prescribed normal curve about healing it seems. And I do everything by the book.

Postby motherluch » 26 Feb 2008, 12:24

I really wish you could get on a plane or drive here and see the man I saw In NYC...I truly have complete faith in this man, the more I read about him the more I see how gifted he is. If that is ever an option, just let me know!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby buttgirl » 26 Feb 2008, 12:34

Sorry to hear you are still in such pain Lecia. It sounds like you are suffering from something like what I had last year--a deep surgical cut that runs the length of the anal canal. Botox might very well help you, but you have to find someone who can administer it right. the guy who shot me through the hemmie cause more harm than good.
I personally find that being able to determine an exact dose of mag works well towards keeping movements consistent hence the 900mg of mag, as opposed to the 1200+-mg/T of mag in MOM--I had a tendency to overdo it with the liquid (which is better than underdoing it). I take the Country Life brand, which is 300mg/pill. The reg dose is 600mg, so I am only taking 1 extra pill. I tried taking the rec dose for a couple days and that's what got me into this mess. Hopefully, it won't take that long to get back to where I was two days ago.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby juney » 26 Feb 2008, 12:36

BG - sorry you're in more pain now! it's so discouraging i know! Image
everyone else's setbacks, and my own, make me even more concerned about cutting back on the MOM. I don't think i'll consider stopping it altogether for at least a few more months. With your history, you should probably stick with what's been working too. 1 or 2 painfree weeks isn't enough, as we all know.
I hope you get back on track soon!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby happyass » 26 Feb 2008, 17:32

this year i have not taken anything - all the supplements that i had before...gone.
everything has been good.
although my tummy hasn't been itself this past 10 days or so.
i think if you want to cut back on the magnesium, do it decrements of 50-100mg but not 300 mg...your body will notice the difference.
and find what other foods may have magnesium so you can compensate for the decrease in the supplement.
good luck.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 26 Feb 2008, 21:55

Oh, Lecia. Really sorry to hear what you've been feeling. Just stay strong & hang in there. Praying for you. Hope it helps. Chin up.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Feb 2008, 11:39

Gosh, Chris! I really hate hearing that! How has it been today?
Deleted User 5