not sure what to do

Fissure and other problems

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

not sure what to do

Postby mamabear » 21 Jul 2018, 08:28

hello friends i am new here, so happy to have this network as everyone i know is sick of hearing about my problems! when i was 38 weeks pregnant with my second child i got really bad hemorrhoids, they became thrombosed and i was terrified of them being a problem during delivery. they reduced a little after delivery and which i put up with until i had them banded when i had a separate unrelated procedure. the day after the banding i saw the bands in the toilet and i got a huge external thrombosed hemorrhoid. i had another banding procedure which seemed to help me but then i noticed i still felt something not right when pooping, and now i have a fissure which has been there at least since the first banding. i don’t find it that bothersome for the most part, sometimes it causes radiating pain. but my colorectal surgeon won’t give me a colonoscopy until it heals.... i have noticed i have more discomfort when i have a period and i although i try not to i have to apply pressure to the anus to feel completely evacuated. what the heck is going on here?! does it sound like a possible prolapse of some kind? i feel a large swelling popping out when i poop. after reading threads here i’ll try harder with diet but i am sick of the discomfort when pooping and not being able to get a solution. will a colonoscopy show if there is prolapse? thank you for any advice my friends!
mamabear

Topics: 1

Re: not sure what to do

Postby mamabear » 21 Jul 2018, 22:42

i am so confused as to what the caused the fissure, maybe the surgeries or maybe it’s been since i had my baby.... i find it so hard to keep the area clean and i don’t have any time to take care of myself properly as i have a one and two year old. i feel like my stools are not smooth or complete.
mamabear

Postby mmklinemm » 24 Jul 2018, 06:46

I feel for you having to deal with this and take care of the babies. Did they give you a spray bottle for washing your vaginal area after you gave birth? If not, you should buy one, called a portable bidet. It will helped immensely with cleaning up after BMs. Also, maybe look into getting a Squatty Potty. They're life changing. They really help with complete emptying. Even using a regular stool to elevate your feet in the bathroom will help.
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13

Postby mamabear » 24 Jul 2018, 18:24

thank you so much for your reply. i’ll try that, i’ll start with an ikea footstool/ step! they never gave me anything at the hospital for post birth care. i think they used some anesthetic spray during delivery on the hemorrhoids. may i ask about the finger support method you mention in your profile, is that for during BM or to build strength after? does anyone else apply pressure to perenium or area when passing?
mamabear

Postby patience_and_healing » 24 Jul 2018, 19:16

If you're worried about prolapse then I would suggest trying to find a pelvic floor PT and getting evaluated for it. They will have exercises for you to do in case that's what you have. I also apply pressure to the perineum while having a BM, and my previous PT said it was a completely benign thing to do, and that I shouldn't worry about it because I don't have a prolapse. The main thing is that one must not strain while applying pressure. Otherwise a whole bunch of contradictory contractions start occurring. It's best to have a BM while breathing in or out deeply, this enabling the diaphragm to push things out.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby Coconutoil » 08 Jul 2020, 20:55

Hi mama bear, I just wanted to follow up with you and see if you used anything to help with healing. I’m dealing with an external hemorrhoid now. Thanks.
Coconutoil
Salt Bather

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here