Oatmeal

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Oatmeal

Postby Deleted User 5 » 26 Feb 2009, 07:19

I love soy, but I worry that too much estrogenization isn't good for my testosteronal ways.
There are studies that indicate too much soy isn't good for male hormones....
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 26 Feb 2009, 08:26

Oh, I had never b/4 heard that, but if I did, no doubt dismissed that info from my brain as that wouldn't apply to me. Glad that is the only reason because I continue to use soy in my oatmeal each morning and also drink smaller amounts throughout the day and use it as a milk sub in cooking. Thanks for clarifying!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jo » 26 Feb 2009, 10:10

Yummy....
I love oatmeal, cooked with milk and added ground flax, with some fresh or frozen peaches and sugar and maybe a little whipped cream on top. So good. Just like dessert for breakfast!
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Deleted User 5 » 26 Feb 2009, 11:03

Yes, i love fruit on my oatmeal! Baked apples work well! I have never tried whipped cream, ummm.. sound heavenly!
Do any of you add salt to it in addition to the sugar?
Deleted User 5

Postby Jo » 26 Feb 2009, 11:22

Nope, no salt.
I have used the baked apples in a can.
Those are yummy too!
Whipped cream in a can is good on everything. Yum!
Cool whip works, too.
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Deleted User 5 » 26 Feb 2009, 11:31

I need the salt in mine, I have tried it without it and was less impressed...but I have always loved salty foods.
Lemme go buy some cool whip! :paddysmiley1:
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 26 Feb 2009, 12:31

I don't use salt or sugar, but have used honey instead of sugar a long while! I either eat blueberries or a banana on mine every morning.
cherylk
VIP

Postby Fissulyna » 26 Feb 2009, 14:00

I do not use salt , but I do not love salt in general - I hardly put any even when I prepare a dinner . I love to taste subtle aromas of the food itself .
Soy has too much estrogen even for a women. Scientists worry that it can cause uterine cancer. I think that the moderation is the key as with anything else !It is also fermented food and anybody with yeast problems should stay away from it - at least what I heard...
PS: Just one more
Tofu and Brain Aging
Men who ate the most tofu during their mid-40s to mid-60s showed the most signs of mental deterioration in their mid-70s to early 90s. The consumption of tofu two or more times per week was detrimental to brain function, according to a study published in the April issue of the Journal of the American College of Nutrition.
http://www.psa-rising.com/eatingwell/tofu_brainap00.htm
PPS: Also NEVER drink soy milk with additive called Carrageenan - it is carcinogenic and can cause intestinal ulcerations (not all kinds of soy milk have it !)
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 27 Feb 2009, 08:43

I see carrageenan is both in Ensure and my soy milk. I'll have to check with my doctor about it.
cherylk
VIP

Postby Guest » 27 Feb 2009, 08:52

I have stopped drinking soy and this last period was much easier on my system. Hmmm....