office surgery on fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

office surgery on fissure

Postby Guest » 12 Sep 2007, 12:40

well, I went tin today to find out why I was having drainage/itching 4 months post op. My CRS told me my skin abnormaly grew and he had to cut the skin around what was my fissure/fistula. Boy was that painful!!!!!!!!!!! The drainage was infection. Hopefully this will be it for a while, this thing has taken over my life.

Re: office surgery on fissure

Postby Guest » 12 Sep 2007, 13:16

I'm glad you got in to see about it. That is too bad. I am sorry you have more to deal with now. Hope this is it!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 12 Sep 2007, 15:11

Did he say it was a skin tag?
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 12 Sep 2007, 16:07

Abnormal growth? That's imprecise! Where was it? Did s/he say anything more? Did s/he drain the infection?

Sounds like you need a long soak in a tub of nice warm water!
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby dano » 12 Sep 2007, 22:10

at least they fixed it there,and you didnt have to reschudle for a month later
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Guest » 13 Sep 2007, 08:35

My skin grew like a bridge over where the fissure was, now I have another incision to let heal. I do feel o.k. today, had some blood after my first b.m. they said that was normal. He wants to recheck me in 2 weeks to see how it is healing. He did give me some ointment called metronidazole, anyone ever used this? Thanks!

Postby Guest » 13 Sep 2007, 08:41

I still can't believe what they can do to you in an office.............ouchhhhhhhhhhh

Postby Guest » 13 Sep 2007, 08:46

Metronidazole is an anti-bacterial cream to help prevent infection or treat if one is already present.
Which office do you go to? My CRS is in Atlanta and I love her! (well, as much as you can love a CRS). I was just in to see her a few days ago and go back next month for a recheck.

Postby Guest » 13 Sep 2007, 09:00

Georgia Colon and Rectal

Postby buttgirl » 13 Sep 2007, 09:08

It is also commonly given in cases of Crhon's and UC to help heal the lesions/inflammation inthe intestines. Usually, it is given in pill form fo that. It also takes the form of a topic cream for such things as rosacea and crohn's that settles in the anus. I had the cream for rosacea. I had read that it might be effective for fissurs, so I tried to apply it to the area and found it to be a bit strong, so I had to temper it with neosporin.

Ouchey! Sorry to hear they did that in the doc office. nothing like having to have your healing surgically undone.

BTW, Nothing wierd about the way the skin grew. It just sounds like the outside healed before the inside could and something got trapped in there and caused an infection. You are lucky that your CRS believed you have something wrong. I had something similar happen and told my drs. for nearly a year that it felt infected. They didn't believe me and the abscess grew to the point that I had to be cut the entire length of my anal canal down to the muscle in order for it to drain properly. Plus, the antibiotics that they put me on so that I wouldn't go septic in the meantime (took them over almost two months after that to get me into the OR) made me incredibly ill. So maybe it's not so bad to get that taken care of right away in the doc's office.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67