Oh my goodness. Pecans.

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Oh my goodness. Pecans.

Postby coconut » 03 Mar 2013, 20:40

delasama - so... It's been over 24 hours. Have you experienced any miraculous cure yet?
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby delasama » 03 Mar 2013, 20:49

I have ate almost a whole can of pecans since yesterday. Today was actual a good day. I only had one bm so far. I feel like I'm going to have another bm later, but good day so far. Maybe pecans helped some how. I don't think they could have helped that fast, but I did have a good day today(knock on wood)
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby coconut » 03 Mar 2013, 21:01

That's awesome. If you are better after this, I demand a plaque with "Coconut Cured Me" stamped across it. Image
Me, on the other hand... it turns out I have some kind of secondary infection/irritation making things worse. Yesterday, after I posted, I discovered my poor tush looks like it has a giant yeast infection. But come to think of it, I haven't had a whole lot in the way of spasms today, just burning and itching. I've eaten almost 2 cups of pecans in the last 28 hours. They tasted so good after going off nuts for a while! Who knows. Maybe the fissure is healing under all of this.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby delasama » 03 Mar 2013, 21:41

So sorry to hear about your infection. If its not one thing going wrong then it's another!...I just had another bm then jumped in shower to wash off.no pain during or after bm.amazing! Im eating more pecans right now lol. I guess I will see how bm goes tomorrow.
delasama
King Fissure

Postby delasama » 04 Mar 2013, 10:39

I had morning bm today.not bad!i can tell the fissure is there as usual, but no major pain like last week
delasama
King Fissure

Postby CrackinUp » 05 Mar 2013, 07:38

Do you think these pecans are working?? I don't even think I've tried them before! I wonder if they are OK for IBS as normally nuts make my condition flare up :(
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby coconut » 05 Mar 2013, 09:21

CrackinUp wrote:Do you think these pecans are working?? I don't even think I've tried them before! I wonder if they are OK for IBS as normally nuts make my condition flare up :(

I would proceed with extreme caution. With IBS, all bets are off with diet. You have to do what's best for you. If you really want to try, maybe do just a very small dose at first.
The do make a very nice poo. Definate change for the better once I started downing the pecans. But I'm having a bad reaction, so its off to the knife for me. I've literally been through every cream they have and reacted badly to all of them. The only thing I can put on my butt safely is Balmex diaper rash cream.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby delasama » 05 Mar 2013, 12:42

Sorry to hear about your reaction coconut.
Day three on pecans and I had a painless bm this morning.
I can tell my fissure is still there as usual, but barely any pain.
I have to be at crs tomorrow at 730am! I hope he gives me some sort of hope and that he won't rip me open with his fingers or any thing. I can't afford a colonoscopy, so hopefully he can see what he needs to see on my first visit tomorrow! I will start a new thread on the general fissure section about my diary after tomorrow.hopefully it will start with good news!
Pecans seem to be possibly helping. I was worried that they would give me hard poop, but its been even softer with pecans.im sure it's ,mostly because of miralax, but I have had a pretty good two days since I ate almost two cans of them. They are good because they are slow roasted. I wish I could find some slow roasted pecans that aren't covered in salt though.
delasama
King Fissure

Postby coconut » 05 Mar 2013, 16:46

I get raw pecans and roast them myself.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby delasama » 05 Mar 2013, 17:12

I don't know why I didn't think I