OMG How can this heal when you need to have a BM everyday?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

OMG How can this heal when you need to have a BM everyday?

Postby Guest » 11 Jun 2007, 19:08

Hello;
Of course I have a BM at 8pm now I will be up for hours before it settles. I sat in the bath tub but it does get uncomfortable leaning off to the left side. How are you supposed to sit in the bath tub?. Any suggestions?
BBG
Patty

Re: OMG How can this heal when you need to have a BM everyday?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 11 Jun 2007, 19:21

Hi Patty, Oh I feel for you, I know exactly what you're going through. All I can suggest is the one-cheek method, shifting from cheek to cheek as needed. If only there was a best way!
Your fissure can heal even when you have BMs everyday...the trick is getting blood to flow freely to the fissure site. How to do *that* is another ballgame...it involves surgery, BP creams, botox, you know, all the treatments that may or may not work. Lecia and Gareth both healed theirs without surgery and had BMs everyday. But not everyone can. I had surgery, and then mine healed..in spite of daily BMs....
At some point, yours will too. It's just a matter of finding the way.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 11 Jun 2007, 19:36

Yes, you will get better. I reclined in the bathtub and put my feet on the faucet so I was back more on my tail to stay off the fissure.
You know I have been so desperate in pain that I ask my CRS about have a colostomy just so I wouldn't have to go to the bathroom again. It does get better-we promise!

Postby Guest » 11 Jun 2007, 19:47

Hello:
I am standing at my computer. Now I am sitting on a heating pad. I took 2 baths and used my Nupercanial cream oh yah and advil. Oh this hurts so bad, I will take Colace tonight until I can get the fish oil. I will try shifting cheeks in the bath.
Thanks
BBG
Patty

Postby Deleted User 5 » 11 Jun 2007, 19:59

Patty, I forgot completely (old age!) that it is best to lie on your back more than sitting on your rear. It REALLY helps!!! Just stretch out in the tub. If you're tall like me, it isn't easy....
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 11 Jun 2007, 20:03

Try taking 4 (200 mg) advil. That is equivalent to 1 prescription strength advil. I used to take 4 of those and get in the tub. I think it will really help.

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 11 Jun 2007, 20:49

It sounds like you're in more pain than I have ever been in, so not sure if this advice will apply to you...all fissures seem to be different...but for what it's worth...
Although it sounds counter intuitive, I have found that pooping twice a day has actually reduced the pain for me recently...
From what I understand, the longer the feces stays inside you, the more dehyrdated it will get, which means the harder it will get. And when my poop is hard, that's when things get bloody and it feels like i'm crapping pinecones.
Of course, you never want to try to force anything out either since that would include straining which is very bad. But never hold anything in either, thinking that you're giving yourself longer to heal. If you gotta go, just go.
My advice is to focus on getting your stools soft if they aren't already. For me, it took a while, and it meant getting my RDA of fiber by eating lots of cooked veggies, fruit, high-fiber cereal with soy milk, and fish...those are the foods that have worked best so far...(i've had this for a couple of years but was only recently diagnosed, so i'm still trying to figure it all out too). Hope you feel better.
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21

Postby Guest » 12 Jun 2007, 04:45

Helllo,
Thanks for the advice everyone. I had a bad night. The problem is my BM was formed but soft and it still hurt uggg. But I will take you advice.
Thanks BBG
Patty

Postby Deleted User 5 » 12 Jun 2007, 06:11

The problem is my BM was formed but soft and it still hurt uggg. But I will take you advice.
Yes, you will still have pain generally even if you have a formed, soft stool. But it should be more manageable than if you pass a loose or hard stool.
Deleted User 5

Postby SunshineHope » 12 Jun 2007, 13:56

Hey Patty,
I'm sure I've already said this somewhere but stool softener reallly helped me have little or no pain during BMs, and I always make sure to line by bum with some type of protective ointment before having a BM. If you use a Q-Tip and you have a lot of the ointment on it, you can even insert the Q-Tip (& ointment) into your anus, and this will hopefully protect you while you have your BM. I've used A&D ointment and vaseline, and KY Jelly is apparently good too.
Having healthy oils like flax seed and olive oils has also helped me have less painful BMs, as the poo is lubricated with the oil so it doesn't poke out at you as much (it feels more like you're passing poo, rather than passing glass).
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38