Out of surgery and back home

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Out of surgery and back home

Postby thefer74 » 20 Mar 2013, 23:24

Hi
So far, so good. This recovery is very different compared to the first surgery. Quite a bit of pain with sitting and walking. I have a big bruise down there. Still quite a bit of drainage. I am having to change gauze every 4 hours. Noticed some pressure this afternoon. The area down there feels weird and numb. I have been laying down so much that I forget to put ice on it. I did manage to take one sitz bath this morning. Going to try another one before bed.
Just curious, my dr has me taking percocet every 6 hrs and valium every 8 hrs. What do you feel like when you take valium? This is the first time that I have taken it and it makes me very relaxed and spacy. Within an hour of taking it, I was asleep.
thefer74
Salt Bather

Topics: 22

Postby marg6043 » 21 Mar 2013, 06:55

thefer74, I have taken Valium a long time ago when I was a teen due to excruciating menstrual pains that will cripple me and ended up in the emergency room every time I had my cycle, I was only 14.
I remember that It will make me spacey like you said that I had to stop taking them due to no been able to concentrate at school, my mother wonder why the doctor will prescribe that for me, but he said it was to calm me down and relax the muscles so the pain will be less.
Back then in the 70s pain killers were not a very popular thing where I from in Puerto Rico I guess, because he never gave any.
Then I got xantax after my gallbladder removal for the same thing to relax but I could could not stand the way it make me feel so sleepy and lifeless.
So yes this type of medications can alter your mind, but I guess is to make you relax enough for your body to heal, don't drive or make important decisions while under the influence of this medications is a warning that comes with all of them. :D
I hope this helps.
Now, as for the drainage, if you have some concern just call your doctors office and ask any questions you may have.
I wish you a fast recovery and take care of yourself during this healing time. Image
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby thefer74 » 22 Mar 2013, 14:44

Hi
I am about 3 days post-op. The pain is very different compared to the first surgery. I have some burning with BM's but nothing like before. I actually seem hopeful that this might be the one that worked. I am taking pain meds but further apart. Yesterday, I was really sore because I was coughing alot. I took Valium and percocet. Let's just say, I feel asleep and almost forgot to pick up my puppies at doggy daycare. I woke up at 6:45 pm in a panic. They closed at 7 pm. They waited until I arrived. On top of everything else, I developed broncholitis and now I am on antibiotics and breathing treatments.
What can I expect in the coming weeks in terms of recovery? I am still getting alot of drainage. It is bruised around the rectal area and some swelling.
thanks
thefer74
Salt Bather

Topics: 22