Pah..................... its back, warning to newbies!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Pah..................... its back, warning to newbies!

Postby Guest » 22 Oct 2007, 07:31

Those of you who read my last posts, will rememember that I got tremendous relief from my fissure with only using Canesten Cream (used for thrush or athletes foot) and lots of warm baths, along with a good diet, a small brandy and two nurofens at bedtime.
Everything my GP prescribed from steriod bombs to steroid cream, didnt work and only made me worse.
For about 4 weeks now I have hardly suffered any symptoms except maybe an odd scratch when having a BM..............and I also recall some of you saying it will probably COME BACK! lol
Well, a warning to any other newbie 'fissure' sufferers, it does!
This past weekend I was naughty , threw the diet out of the window and opted for spicy chinese chicken with black bean sauce and boiled rice on Friday. I devoured the whole plate full, and thought, well, only once, it surely cant hurt.
Saturday morning came and no usual BM. This is most odd for me, but seeing as it was a busy weekend, I soon forgot about it and got caught up in the whirlwind of watching the Rugby with some friends, and thought no more of it.
Sunday morning came, no BM!! Panic not I told myself, it was only spicy chicken with black beans......peppers.......onions................
I made sure I drank plenty of water that day and had a light lunch of chicken and steamed veggies..............and awaited the outcome.
Sure enough, by Sunday evening, I was slightly constipated, so gave a little push to help it along..............BIG mistake.
I felt myself tear again and the toilet looked as if somebody had slashed their wrists in it afterwards. My poor little bum was yelling at me in distress like a child who had just scalded themselves with hot tea and has since sent me into disgrace for attemtping to ignore my regular diet and think that I could just eat what I want.
Since then I have had 4 baths, am still stinging, and want to slap myself into next year.
So, a word to any newbies who think theyre cured .... NEVER avoid your diet and think its all healed, cos it comes back and pokes you in the bum like the devil, I am living proof and am so cross with myself.
xx

Re: Pah..................... its back, warning to newbies!

Postby val » 22 Oct 2007, 09:44

Oh no, poor you! Being on the diet is Sooo worth it. I usually have the same things every day, but today I had a mushroom rissotto. I',m not actually sure if thats allowed on the diet. Does anybody know?
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Deleted User 5 » 22 Oct 2007, 09:59

I can still forgive you for wanting to take a chance and fall off the diet, it is so tempting.
Try to give yourself a 6-8 week pain-free period next time before taking any risks! It really takes 6-8 weeks for the fissure to heal well enought that it regains enough strength not to tear again, and for some perhaps even 10 weeks.
It can take a year or longer for the fissure to fully heal, i.e., no longer seeing any pink stains on the TP..
Sorry about the accident! I know it is a miserable feeling!
Last edited by Deleted User 5 on 22 Oct 2007, 12:02, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 22 Oct 2007, 11:52

hey stinger,
hang in there. the good news is that you are on the healing roller coaster. if you went four weeks with feeling good then more likely you will go a little bit longer between this next healing.
we've all been there and yes it may be a bit discouraging but look at all the progress you have made!
so in a way, this is very good news. 4 weeks. congrats.
i think what may have made it worse is the spicy addition of food. not necessarily the food you ate. it may have been a bit over oily or fried or something that your body hadn't had in a while.
if you have a CVS nearby, try and stock up with a couple of their magnesium citrate drinks - they look like soda pop and come in a couple of flavors - i tried cherry the other day that i was consitpated and it helped. you can drink the whole bottle or just 1/2.
i would try 1/2 and then if nothing happens in a day or over night, then drink the other half.
you will get some help.
as for now, just resort to what you know best and you'll be good in no time.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Cheryl » 23 Oct 2007, 05:09

there is alot to be said for good diet!!! I totally relied almost 100% on good diet for my recovery after surgery.... i wish i had of tried a good diet years before it... but ahhhh we live and learn..
Gareth is right.. you spent a good amount of time healing, ahopefully this next phase will be longer and you can keep up that diet
Thanks for posting your good advice out there for the newbies !!!
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Guest » 23 Oct 2007, 05:23

Thanks guys , am feeling a lot better today and no blood ................phew, scary, dont know what I would do without you lot, and thankyou for your forgiveness Kim, lovely outfit by the way
xx

Postby Guest » 23 Oct 2007, 05:24

Thanks guys , am feeling a lot better today and no blood ................phew, scary, dont know what I would do without you lot, and thankyou for your forgiveness Kim, lovely outfit by the way
xx