Pain seems unbareable

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Pain seems unbareable

Postby RedCharger » 24 May 2011, 08:43

June 14th they have me scheduled. No sedation available for this procedure. They claim they do hundreds of these a month and local area freezing is all that is required. I said I know people who have had it done and claim it was a very painful procedure with only freezing. She said not according to their experience. I said, oh you have had this done? She said no but this will be no more painful than a trip to the dentist to have a cavity filled. I stopped trying to argue.....
RedCharger
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Deleted User 579 » 24 May 2011, 09:28

Amazing!!!!! Really, these people should be forced to have ass surgery before they are allowed to say anything! What a bunch of jacka$$es!
Well ... I'll say the needles did hurt, but it doesn't last long. If I hadn't had skin tags removed, I would not have suffered so much. A lot of the pain was from burning the skin tags (prematurely!). By the time the doc got to the LIS, I wasn't feeling anything anymore. So, it's likely that you procedure will be much less painful. The nurse also told me that the ass numbing wears off in 20 minutes, so if you have to go anywhere that it takes you longer than that to get to, you might want to have painkillers handy.
Just remember while you're there that it gets so much better very quickly after the surgery and it will be worth it!
Meanwhile, hang in there buddy - I know it seems like eternity. If you haven't already, you might try ibuprofen and robaxacet (extra stength) - that comination got me through until my surgery.
Deleted User 579

Postby RedCharger » 24 May 2011, 12:21

Just got a call that they now have a opening Thursday afternoon......someone must chickened out!
I now have very little time to get my things in order before seeing the execusioner (inside joke only hopetoheal will get)
RedCharger
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 579 » 24 May 2011, 12:45

This is good news! The anticipation was hellish for me. Now you can just get this done and over with and focus on healing.
Life will get better once you get past the execusioner!
I'll be with you in spirit and we'll be here for you when it's over - good luck, brave soul ... you can do it!
Deleted User 579

Postby Elphie » 25 May 2011, 14:52

I agree with hope, just get it over with so u don't have a chance to chicken out! I still cant believe they're not sedating you but the pain immediately after is definately better than before! So GOOD LUCK, GOOD LUCK, GOOD LUCK!! We will all be thinking of you, you're not alone. I hope it goes well and you don't have much pain! ANY PAIN! Make sure they give u a few minutes for that freezing to kick in, remember hopetoheal!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby RedCharger » 26 May 2011, 13:41

Well, no relief for me!.....went in for my scheduled app't to have LIS today. I was a little be nervous since my last appointment with this doctor resulted in so much pain during the examination and the fact hopetoheal had her procedure with this guy and he isn't known for being gentle. I am surprised they do not sedate you automatically for such an invasive procedure such as this. This doctor claims it is not nessasary. So after I assumed the position bent over the exam table that sticks your rump up in the air the doc tried to prep and examine me for the procedure. I kept lurching forward and moving as he tried to digitally examine me. He said he would not be able to do this if I couldn't stay reasonably still. I told him I was trying but I was in pain and his efforts where not helping. After a few attempts he gave up and said he will not be able to do it. I said couldn't he give me something to relax me but he said I was too tender and the procedure would have to be done in a hospital under sedation. With that he told me to pull up my pants and make an appointment with my GP to have this done elsewhere. ......yep, this guys bedside manner is really something!
RedCharger
Salt Bather

Postby Elphie » 26 May 2011, 14:23

Oh, I'm sorry for you, not only to endure the painful exam but no relief after! Treated like there's something wrong with you for being in pain! That guy doesn't deserve to be a doctor IMO! Better that u will be put under but hopefully u won't have to wait long, I know that will be hard, maybe your GP can get you into a CRS sooner by saying it's an emergency after the treatment you got from Rudd. I can't believe they're still in business!! I hope you get some help soon, and I hope the whole ideal didnt leave you worse off. My heart goes out to you! Image
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby Deleted User 579 » 26 May 2011, 14:28

OMB, Red - what a f***ing %##*^! I am so sorry you went through that! I still can't believe they don't sedate people for that procedure. Even just an examination is excruciating! I really feel for you. I have some info about other CRSs and clinics that I accumulated over the last litle while - I will send it to you when I get home. (I'm in he hospital right now - nothing LIS-related. I'm just severely malnurished and passed out - long story ... It seems that quite a few of us have had a crappy day today! )
I have been composing a letter to the ont college of physicians and surgeons - it will definitey be more emphatic in light of your experience! I'm so pissed off for you!
I hope you are getting some rest now and that you are niot in too much pain.
Deleted User 579

Postby sidra1968 » 26 May 2011, 15:09

OMG, I'm so sorry. I say we go get this guy......and give him an anal fissure. With no sedation of course.
If there's any karmic justice he will get one this weekend!
Hang in there, you will get through this. Hopefully you can get in for the LIS asap.
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby RedCharger » 26 May 2011, 16:17

Went to see my GP this afternoon after. He just shook his head when I told him and said it's unbelievable that a place that specializes in rectal problems would sen me away because I was in too much pain to do a procedure. He was surprised they didn't give me something like valium orally to relax me.
Anyway, he thought he would try something else since the Dilt didn't work. He prescribed me Nitro and some muscle relaxers to be taken orally. Anyone see a problem with the Nitro other than the headaches?
I'm going to call the surgeons that I had before that didn't think it was a fissure because he couldn't see it
Last edited by RedCharger on 26 May 2011, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
RedCharger
Salt Bather