Pain with a BM...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Pain with a BM...

Postby Guest » 09 Jul 2007, 10:48

Hello,

Well I was having some good days until Sat afternoon. I had a BM and it was very painful like something was scraping. I have never had this. I have had little to no pain with this AF when having the BM the pain it always started after, but now for 3 days it has been unbearable and it take hours to calm down. I called in to work today. The pain is gone somewhat but I feel like something is there. I am waiting for the CRS to call back I may go see the PA tomorrow. I saw my PCP today and he gave me Atavan (Valium) for my appt. Monday so hopefully he can examine me. Just wanted to see if any one had any other similiar experiences.

Patty

Re: Pain with a BM...

Postby Guest » 09 Jul 2007, 10:57

I get that sensation from time to time-I still do though it doesn't last for days-usually just the morning with some mild stinging.
Have you tried just straight lidocaine on the area to see if that will numb things up?

Postby Guest » 09 Jul 2007, 11:38

Lecia,
My CRS just called me. He called in lidocaine for me and said to try this. He said its unfortunate that people suffer setbacks, but on Monday we will discuss treatment and the posibliltiy of surgery. My PCP gave me Atavan to take for appt. Hopefully that will help. Thanks lecia.
Patty

Postby Guest » 09 Jul 2007, 11:53

Lecia,

By the way how do you feel?? I hope you are better.

Patty

Postby Guest » 09 Jul 2007, 12:21

Glad you got both prescriptions-how is the atavan working for you?
I go to see the surgeon tomorrow. I hope he can help me. I was in bed all day yesterday with pain but today I have been up more. Actually got my legs shaved and hair washed! :D
Lecia

Postby buttgirl » 09 Jul 2007, 13:10

Sorry to hear about your setback Patty. I get the scraping feeling when my poos are even a little bit too hard or if I have eaten too much bread/oatmeal. The botox has helped with the scraping feeling though and it especially helps with the pain after--paralysed muscles can't clench! I wonder if you should talk to your CRS about it and see what he says...

I also came across an article that you might be interested in at http://adc.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/85/2/121. It is on the use of mineral oil as a stool softener. I have noticed that when I switch from the MOM to the mineral oil, the scraping feels reduced, possible because of all the undigested mineral oil fat in the stool.

Geez Lecia! You poor thing. Health-related pains are the worst. So draining emotionally and physically. But you got through the fissure, so I'm confident that you can get through this too.

A friend of mine got a hernia, was in a good deal of pain and then got the operation. For him, the operation completely cured the pain--aside from the itch of the stitches. Knock on wood that the same will happen for you!
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 09 Jul 2007, 13:16

Thanks so much Buttgirl for your words of support-I appreciate it. You know you have fissure fear when you are less fearful of an operation than possibly getting another fissure from taking the constipating meds. But I will take some things proactively to see if I can prevent that if they end up doing surgery.

Postby Guest » 09 Jul 2007, 14:15

Buttgirl, Lecia:

I have not taken the Atavan yet not until my appt Monday. If I take it I can't drive So I won't be able to go to work. But I will take it Monday.

I am gonna get flaxseed oil caps. to help it along coming out. I just haven't left the house in 3 days. If I don't go to work tomorrow I will send my niece to the health food store. The problem is my poos are not hard that are very soft coming out. If they take type of form is when I have a problem. Constipation is not my problem. (knock on wood)

Thanks for the response Buttgirl. I will ask my CRS all my options on Monday. Also I have another question Do you know what Epson Salts do?? Are they a laxative cause I don't need that. Do you guys still eat scrambled eggs? I want to have them tonight. What do you think??

Patty

Postby Guest » 09 Jul 2007, 14:24

Epsom salts are a laxative (Magnesium Sulfate) if ingested but if used in a bath it is good as an anti-inflammatory.
I think eggs should be fine to eat.

Postby Guest » 09 Jul 2007, 14:32

Thanks Lecia,

Good Luck tomorrow at the surgeons.

Patty..