Pelvic floor referral

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Pelvic floor referral

Postby Fissurefrustration » 09 Feb 2015, 09:54

So as I've said on my diary post, I saw my CRS today who is going to be referring me to a pelvic floor physio to do pressure tests etc but there is a 6 month wait in my area!!! she said she couldn't see a fissure on examination only a few hemmis. has anyone had this type of physio before? what happened?

she said once she gets the biofeedback results (resting pressure?) she will see me again. I really just want an EUA and get it done and out the way but she said it will be best to follow procedure and send me for pressure tests and pelvin floor physio stuff first.

*sigh*

she says I look normal down there but I certainly don't feel that way! where's my pain coming from if my fissure has healed?

J x
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Re: Pelvic floor referral

Postby msimon » 09 Feb 2015, 11:57

Sorry to hear you didn't get more direct answers FF. Did they use a scope on you to rule out the fissure? Sometimes they can't be seen just by spreading the cheeks apart as they are higher up inside. Some Doctors do miss fissures, if they are small. Muscle pain can feel like fissure pain too though.

If you do a search on here for pelvic floor pain you will find quite a bit and it is not unusual to be left with it after having ongoing pain down there. Alyssa and Pafen have had a number of threads on the topic.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby jlm1 » 09 Feb 2015, 12:08

Is phsio physical therapy? And what is EUA?
That really sounds crappy that your doctor told you that. Biofeedback, in my limited experience, took about 15 minutes and I'm sure you would benefit from pelvic floor pt regardless. Of course, I am not a doctor! Just sharing the knowledge I have gained on this fissure journey.
My fissure is healed and I am still in pain at times. it's bad enough that I have taken some time off of work to rest and let this heal. I have burning pain that reaches a level 5 pain at times. The CRS and therapists said it is nerve pain. The physical therapists have been so helpful, reassuring and seem to know a lot more than the CRS in some regards. They have given me a lot of hope. They said that they wee this often and people get better. They said that a weak muscle is a painful one. I don't know all you have been through or your whole story. Hope you can get some more help and answers soon!
I know that I am sick and tired of pain in this area!!
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Fissurefrustration » 27 Feb 2015, 17:21

EUA = examination under anasthesia. I've called my CRS again and her medical secretary has taken a message. I dont get where this pain is coming from if I'm healed.
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56