Please HELP me... I am in a MESS.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Please HELP me... I am in a MESS.

Postby Guest » 02 Sep 2007, 11:08

I healed mine with the diltiazem, baths and time. It took 4 months but I wasn't really a candidate for the surgery because I have some preexisting nerve damage in the pelvis that could exacerbate things. If I didn't have other medical concerns I may have tried it though!
Do you have family and friends where you are at?

Postby Guest » 02 Sep 2007, 15:18

I don't have any friends... I am rather agoraphobic.... I used to teach school but I am on disability now-- for bipolar depression... and I sleep a lot... I just don't feel too well these days-- I feel like I am 80 instead of 34...... everything hurts. I live with my mom.... We get along most of the time.
How do you get signatures at the bottom of your posts? I can't figure it out.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 02 Sep 2007, 17:54

Hey Misti!
First on your profile, go to preferences and make sure you have the button enabled to accept your signatures. Hit SAVE when your done.
Then...
You can click back on your profile, then look on the right where you see the signature tab. Click on that and set up your signature! Make sure you save it.
It's frustratingly impossible if you don't set it in your preferences, first!
Also, Misti, can I get you to start any new threads on other boards besides the introduction board? Image I would move your threads myself to the appropriate boards myself, but I don't have administrative rights for this board. Thanks! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 03 Sep 2007, 16:48

I don't know how to move my threads... if someone wants to move them... I do not mind... just tell me where you are moving them to.
Sorry. :(
I have to take stool softeners every night... fiber makes my pain worse... I don't know why... but it just makes the area WAY WORSE.
I do get some stuff I buy at K-Mart-- that is in the soap section... it comes in all different colors... but it is medicated and Green and Yellow works the best.... It is called-- Village Naturals Therapy *For the bath* It comes in clear plastic bottles or jars... The blue works well too... but the purple isn't any help.
If you tell me how to move my thread, I will.
vampyre_girl

Postby Guest » 03 Sep 2007, 17:09

Hey,
How are you doing? Do you feel any better?
Yeah, for some fiber can bulk things up too much or add too much volume. I think stool softeners are wise. As long as you aren't straining or abrading yourself when you go.
I think Kim was just saying maybe we should just start a new thread like Please HELP me..I am in a MESS part II or something!

Postby Guest » 04 Sep 2007, 10:34

Hi, Vampyre Girl!
I'm rather new to this forum and not as knowledgeable as others here, but want to let you know what has worked for me.
Are your stool softeners working? If so, great! Keeping my stool soft consistently did the trick for me. Colace never worked well, although other people have success with it. On this forum, I learned about Miralax, an over-the-counter medicine (previously required a prescription). Technically, I think it's a laxative, but it has never caused my stools to be loose, it just softens them. I'd had a fissure for over 4 years and I credit it's recent healing to Miralax. In our town, Wal-Mart has the best price.
I, also, had burning pain after a BM, probably because the internal sphincter was spasming or clinching. A very warm Sitz bath after each BM or anytime the fissure was hurting helped immensely.
Keep your chin up - as bad as it seems now, it will get better with time and your committed diligence. Our bodies have a huge capacity to heal and yours will, too. Rely on the people in this forum - they're wonderful, they have solutions, and they never give up.

Postby Guest » 05 Sep 2007, 07:38

Right now... I am not doing any better. My GP gave me some Mobic and Flexeril, and the flexeril 10 mg helps... I just took the Mobic, so I don't know about that. She also gave me topical lidocaine.
I have a thread for women who have fissures.... down below.... Just wondering if that was just a "me" problem - or if all women suffered from this problem...
It sucks.
vampyre_girl :no: :no: :no:

Postby Guest » 05 Sep 2007, 07:45

I wonder if you have nerve pain? Have the doctors tried you on anything like Neurontin or Elavil?