Please HELP me... I am in a MESS.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Please HELP me... I am in a MESS.

Postby Guest » 02 Sep 2007, 08:30

Hi....
I have posted here before... and I am in a mess. I don't know why this is happening to me this time, but when I go to the bathroom.... the inside of my bum BURNS and HURTS.... especially BURNS.... I dread going b/c I know it will burn for a long time afterwards.
If someone can tell me what to do, I would appreciate it. I can't really put anything inside, except some suppositories, b/c it is so tight up there.
:no: :pale: :pale:
PLEASE HELP~
Vampyre_Girl

Re: Please HELP me... I am in a MESS.

Postby Guest » 02 Sep 2007, 08:35

I am in the same boat-it hurts so bad when I go. After I go I get in the tub and take 4 advil and just sit there until it starts to kick in. When I get out I use aloe vera and the diltiazem cream. It doesn't take away the pain but it helps some.
I hate when these things get worse over the weekend. Have to wait to see a doctor. I think you should call first thing on Tuesday and have them get you in.
Have you been using the diltiazem and doing baths and keeping your stools soft?
I feel for you. This is the worst pain-it sears and just wears you out.

Postby Guest » 02 Sep 2007, 09:04

Hi~
I actually have an appt. with my family doctor on Tuesday... but my doctor doesn't really know how to handle fissures... and I live in a very small town and the GI doctor is not nice... and you have to wait like a month to get in to see him.
Just out of curiosity, when you get this bad.... what does your doctor do to help the pain? Have you had surgery? Do they cautherize the fissure? Do they give you narcotics or stretch the area out?
With my last fissure, I didn't have this BURNING! I do take lots of hot baths.... but I thought that Advil would make it worse... so I have been taking tylenol--- it doesn't help though. If you take four Advil... how long do you wait to take four more?
THANK YOU
vampyre_girl

Postby Guest » 02 Sep 2007, 09:08

I cry all the time.... I just can't deal with this stupid fissure.
:(
vampyre_girl[/i]

Postby Guest » 02 Sep 2007, 09:27

I can relate. I treated the fissure with the diltiazem cream and baths. My doctor told me I could take 4 (200 mg) advil 3 times a day. It is an anti-inflammatory so works better than tylenol. If you have already taken tylenol you can take advil too.
I have to drive 2 hours to see my CRS. It is a pain but you may need to go out of town to find someone who can help you.
I don't know that it is fissure pain you are having or something else so it is good you have an appointment.
You might tell your doctor you are crying all the time. Maybe you can discuss anti-depressants. I take cymbalta which is for nerve pain (which I have) and depression.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 02 Sep 2007, 09:27

Have you been using the diltiazem regularly? It takes a couple of weeks to start kicking in.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 02 Sep 2007, 10:06

I tore my fissure again around August 17... but the pain wasn't killing me... then something _ and I don't know what_ but I started burning back there, too. The burning is worse than the pain.
I may need to use the dilitiazem longer....
I have another question... when you go to bed if you are hurting REAL bad... should you use an ice pack back there or a heating pad?
Then, how often do you use your dilitiazem? Two or three times a day? My directions just say "Apply to the affected area as needed."-- Well, I had to fight my family doc just to get this stuff b/c she had never heard of it... I had been using nitro paste. It gave me bad headaches.
I take Zoloft... I cannot take Cymbalta-- it makes my mania worse, but I take a moderate amount of Lyrica... but it messes w/ my mania, too.
I was under the impression that if the ointments and baths and fatty acids and aloe vera didn't work, the only thing left to do was surgery... and I AM NOT going that route.
THank you for all of your answers.
((hugs))
vampyre_girl

Postby Guest » 02 Sep 2007, 10:40

I have another question... when you go to bed if you are hurting REAL bad... should you use an ice pack back there or a heating pad? I was told to alternate between cold and hot. I would be careful with both I have actually given myself frostbite with an ice pack before. Just make sure you protect your skin. To me cold feels better but I know warmth is supposed to promote healing.
Then, how often do you use your dilitiazem? Two or three times a day? My directions just say "Apply to the affected area as needed."-- Well, I had to fight my family doc just to get this stuff b/c she had never heard of it... I had been using nitro paste. It gave me bad headaches.I use it 3 times a day.
I take Zoloft... I cannot take Cymbalta-- it makes my mania worse, but I take a moderate amount of Lyrica... but it messes w/ my mania, too. I was going to take Lyrica for nerve pain. I was concerned about the swelling as a side effect. Do you mind me asking you if you have any problems with that?
I was under the impression that if the ointments and baths and fatty acids and aloe vera didn't work, the only thing left to do was surgery... and I AM NOT going that route.
You could try botox. There are a few of us here that have gone that route and have been very pleased with the results. I think it is starting to become more common these days though I am sure you would have to go to a bigger city. Are you close to Wake Forest or Duke? Somes the university medical centers are more cutting edge.
THank you for all of your answers.
((hugs)) ((hugs to you))) You will be okay. I have had my darkest days and then one day later have felt better. Really try the advil. When you are in pain it can make your outlook very dismal.
vampyre_girl
Lecia

Postby Guest » 02 Sep 2007, 11:00

Hi Lecia~
The Lyrica has made my fingers kind of puffy, but my legs haven't puffed up or anything... and I am very sensitive to meds. It is just important that they increase the dosage very slowly.
Even if you swell badly-- once you go off of it--- the swelling goes away.
It is very expensive though.... It took forever for my insurance to agree to cover it for my fibromyalgia.
Thanks for anwering my questions... You know, I need to go to the grocery store but am in too much pain to go.
sigh.
If you don't mind me asking, do you just try to treat your fissure yourself? Or have you tried surgery?
Thank you-
vampire_girl
p.s.- I am around 2 1/2 hours away from wake forest. I will talk to my GP on Tuesday.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 02 Sep 2007, 11:04

Misti,
Use the diltiazem at least twice a day. Three times a day would be even better.
Even if it doesn't heal the fissure, it can make a huge difference in the pain levels.
Deleted User 5