Post open LIS now fistula

Fistula

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Re: Post open LIS now fistula

Postby horsetrainer » 09 Dec 2016, 17:39

Yes, it oozed pus and stuff. It hurt the worst after I had a bowel movement. It was a blind fistula which means it had a beginning but not a second opening like some fistulas do. It was a tunnel into my perineum, it started in my LIS incision and was about an inch long. Now that it's been "deroofed", it is a big long wound inside my rectum. But every day it feels a little better. Bleeding and oozing has decreased.
horsetrainer
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Post open LIS now fistula

Postby Katie » 11 Dec 2016, 04:34

OK see my surgon said I got mine from my last op it did not real right but I not had anything coming out???? Just real pain after going to the toliet which last a long time but don't have painkillers because they say they made you constipated! But have just got a gel from the hospital to help numb the area after going to the toliet I had my pre op letter through for the 13th Jan so op would be the week after I'm thinking she said it does not look long so hoping to do the open layed out wound ? But will know more from the MRI I'm sorry worryed what if it don't work right and I get another fistula again??? And I'm worryed about all the great op pain! :( x
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2