Thinking about TINACTIN

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Thinking about TINACTIN

Postby howtobepositive » 29 Nov 2013, 03:54

Hi guys,

Read a few posts here about Tinactin and having been around the block Im seriously thinking about giving it a shot. So wondering if people who have tried it can let me know if it is safe to use inside - as in my fissure is internal and not external. On the cream it says that it is for external use only so I dont know if it is safe or not.

Also, I am currently using Nitro so can I use both simultaneously or not??

Thanks guys!!
howtobepositive
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Re: Thinking about TINACTIN

Postby asdf123456 » 29 Nov 2013, 08:52

I've never tried that, but I don't see how it could help at all…Even if it hasn't hurt a few people, or even if they think it's helped them, I think there is a reason that doctors don't prescribe Tinactin for this problem; because it has shown no clinical significance in improving healing. If we're going with trying things for the sake of trying them, how about toothpaste, or dishwashing detergent? I don't put too much stock in anecdotes people post on their new-found discovery. Fissures heal over time- you get one guy who was dumb enough to put chocolate frosting on the wound for the week that it happened to heal, and now he's blogging about rubbing donuts on his asshole to cure anal fissures. meanwhile, you might get a wicked reaction in a VERY sensitive area. I would stick with what's been documented in clinical studies, but you may be more courageous than I. Best of luck with whatever you decide.
asdf123456
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby jr2 » 29 Nov 2013, 13:47

If you suspect the fissure may have some association with anal yeast, you'd probably be better off having a doctor take a look and suggest the right kind of antifungal medicine. Tinactin is active against fungus in the tinea family (which causes athlete's foot and jock itch). Usually, when someone gets yeast related problems in the anal area it is a strain of Candida that is causing it and Tinactin won't be effective against that. Nystatin cream by prescription would be a better choice, since it's safe to use in the anal area and effective against strains of yeast most likely to be causing problems in the anal area.

That being said, in the world of fissures, anything is possible, and stranger things have been known to coincide with healing after having tried everything else under the sun.

To answer your question about combining creams with nitro., just don't apply them at the same time or you will dilute the effect of the nitro. Space out the applications by a few hours or so.

Keep us posted on what you decide, and how it works out!
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Deleted User 2950 » 02 Dec 2013, 16:31

Hi howtobepositive

I was thinking about this same thing in my very last battle with
fissures some three years ago now. In that last battle one of my
weapons was Tinactin. I was so distraught about the all night burning
that I really wanted some relief.

I asked myself what's the worst that could happen and I figured a bad
rash was the worst so I decided that was worth the risk.

As for applying it on the inside or out I figured even if I had to put it way
up "inside" the canal its still considered outside or at least it still is
in the same type of environs as our anus with our cramped up
enclosed very moist feet that the Tinactin is originally designed for.

I noticed less burning within minutes of applying it, and the overall wound seemed
to heal faster. Whether this was from the Tinactin or the "Placebo Effect" or other
measures I took I don't know, but it sure seemed to help and I had no bad reactions.

Good luck on your decision.......hope something works for you...
Deleted User 2950

Postby howtobepositive » 04 Dec 2013, 00:55

Thanks for the responses guys. Will start using tonight and let you guys know what happens. I am also very fed up with this now and willing to give this a shot. I dont have very high hopes so wont be too disappointed if it doesnt work like all the other stuff I have tried to date including LIS!
howtobepositive
Salt Bather

Topics: 20