Hem or Fissure Still Not Sure But Trying New Things

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Hem or Fissure Still Not Sure But Trying New Things

Postby AlexP » 06 Dec 2013, 14:46

So I went to my doc yesterday, she examined me (externally) I told her of the sharp pain & burning I'd been having with bowel movements, she saw no sign of fissure, she acknowledged my skin tags which I already know I have.

Yesterday & today, the sharpness with BM has been a bit better, but the area is still sore. This morning, my right side skin tag is swollen & more inflamed. I am beginning to think the doc who diagnosed me with fissure may have been wrong, maybe it was just swollen skin tags/external hem the whole time..

Anyways, it was suggested I get some witch hazel medicated pads, so I am going to try that to see how it works. I've been using Lidocaine/Nifedipine for about 3 weeks now, with minimal results. Maybe they have helped, not sure..I'm reluctant to stop them altogether because for all I know they helped a bit with the pain if I did in fact have a small tear at one point.

I got some Preparation H ointment, I had heard that the best kind was the kind with hydrocortisone, the only one I could find was the anti-itch type, with 1% hydrocortisone..I'm going to try that for awhile. Even though itching hasn't been a major problem for me, someone told me the hydrocortisone can help reduce inflammation. Worth a shot! In meantime, going to keep alternating between ointments, fiber, etc, and hope the skin tag swelling goes down & the soreness goes away.
AlexP
Salt Bather

Topics: 25

Re: Hem or Fissure Still Not Sure But Trying New Things

Postby Scientist2516 » 06 Dec 2013, 17:05

Hi Alex, I hope the witch hazel helps. It would be great if the Prep H works for you - if it doesn't help, don't use it too long because hydrocortisone thins the skin, which would be bad if you do have a fissure. I really wish for your sake that they could finally diagnose it one way or the other! It must be so frustrating for you not to know for sure.
Medical science is so far progressed in some things, and so primitive in other ways!
all the best!
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16