Travel tips needed please?

They only have 1 bathroom

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Travel tips needed please?

Postby hopefulbutt » 07 Dec 2013, 12:44

My small family and I are going to visit my sister in Florida and her family in beginning of january. I think I can handle the flight but am concerned that they have only one bathroom! I don't like to even try and hold it when it's time to go. I've had botox and that has made it more urgent even though it's been 6 months. Does anyone have tips for me? I usually drink hot tea or water with breakfast and go directly after. Please any tips would be great! I desperately don't want to hold it and "anger the beast" as I still have soreness and some weird spams.
Also all the walking has me worried but my hubby knows that I will have to rest a lot. Thank you!
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Re: Travel tips needed please?

Postby Canadahell1 » 07 Dec 2013, 15:28

"ice, ice. ice packs. Promoting this as it works great for me. water bottle "break", lousy seals!! Hope you feel better.
Canadahell1
Salt Bather

Topics: 15

Postby Bettyblue » 07 Dec 2013, 17:19

If I am not in my house. What I do is, first thing in the morning when I get up drink a glass of warm water as fast as I can. It Usually send me strait to the bathroom. So I don't have to do it after breakfast, because that's the time where most people does it. I learned this tip from somebody else that have a fissure like me. I hope it works for you.
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby hopefulbutt » 07 Dec 2013, 17:52

Thanks to you both. Maybe I can drink the hot water right in the bathroom and wait there? Canadahell I've only ever used heat. Won't ice make the spasm worse?
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bettyblue » 07 Dec 2013, 18:10

I think it does. My CRS told me never to use cold for a fissure. It is good for hemmies do.
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby vdb324 » 08 Dec 2013, 21:41

I think the best thing to do is try to get yourself on a schedule. I try to take a half cup of Miralax every night before bed. I wake up extra early, get ready, have a cup of water with fiber, and then lay down for a few minutes. Then, I usually have to go the bathroom within a few minutes. If you can get yourself on some sort of schedule, I'd recommend that.

And pack a bag of supplies for the plane! I just went to a high security event a few days ago, and of course, security felt it was necessary to go through my cosmetic bag of supplies! :-/ It was a bit awkward, but I figured it probably a) made no sense to them why I had these things, b) they felt just as awkward or c) they've seen much more...

Best of luck!
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52

Postby Scientist2516 » 08 Dec 2013, 22:44

This might sound embarrassing, but what about adult diapers? I'd rather that than have an accident in somebody else's house. I know I can't hold it in for long these days. Hopefully you'd never soil it, but it might give you some peace of mind. And you'd only have to wear it until after your BM.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby owmybum » 09 Dec 2013, 14:09

I'm assuming everyone knows of your problem .... Why not just ask if anyone minds not taking a bath or shower until you have had your morning bm as you can't hold it in. I'm sure no one will mind.... Maybe just get up a little earlier so you have to go earlier, and don't impact on the household too much.
I went to Florida and disney last year with my fissure. I managed much better than I thought I would. I just made sure I bought my cushion with me everywhere to sit on... Seats everywhere are hard! And I remembered to re fill my water bottle regularly and keep well hydrated.

OMB xxx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby hopefulbutt » 09 Dec 2013, 14:59

Thanks for te ideas everyone. I especially like getting up earlier Than everyone else and getting in a schedule. It would be great if they all let me have the bathroom first but not everyone is as kind as you guys. I have thought about bringing pads or wen extra underwear just I'm case. I've never had an accident but I've mostly had access to a bathroom whenever I needed one. I have a heatig pad hat I will bring too because I won't be able to take long soaks like I do at home. I have a cushion too to bring. I will update on here after the trip ( we don't leave until January 1). Any other ideas would be awsome. Thanks everyone! Hopefully all of us on here will be long healed this time next year.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist