Teacher - Off work with AF

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Teacher - Off work with AF

Postby Zodiak » 19 Dec 2013, 07:33

shhh... apart from one day when I thought I had done some damage it has been fine and I even went into work yesterday to plan returning to work in January... but don't tell anybody I don't want to Jinx it :-)

At the moment I have rigorous diet and sticking to it. Breakfast is Fruit'n'Fibre, Prune juice and Fybojel, Lunch is a chicken and salad wrap (I make my own) or Big Soup. Dinner is baked potato, baked beans and some kind of meat, last night it was sausage and vegetable omelet. In between if I get hungry its Tesco own brand hob-nob biscuit substitute and a glass of milk. I know that's a very boring diet and I could experiment with some alternatives, but right now I am not changing a thing! :-)
Zodiak
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Rachael 1984 » 20 Dec 2013, 11:33

I won't say anything! Yes, I used to always jinx myself..... Sounds good, stick to what suits your digestion..... GL
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby sue30uk » 28 Dec 2013, 15:55

Hey, really hope things have been improving for you. Having IBS too is a pain, but I have found a combination of medication, counselling to reduce stress and seeing a dietician to monitor what I am eating has really helped. As for the CRS you saw, I am horrified!! I am a Teaching Assistant in the UK and to be honest it was difficult. I had 2 months off then did a very slow phased return. This was about 3 years ago and to be honest I am still suffering, very lowering. I have been through 4 operations in the hope it would help, however am due back to the hospital in January. In the UK, they expect you to use nitro, then usually offer botox. I have had 3 lots (all unsuccessful!) but it does help others. As you are male you may find they would offer LIS. Anyway I hope you do not need to go down this route and that things continue to improve. You back at work in January? ;)
sue30uk
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Zodiak » 04 Jan 2014, 17:52

Shh... yes.. due back on Monday. Because I was off so long they merged my 6th form sets into other groups and they are not going to move them back now, so I have a very light timetable. Ironically I was due to take early retirement in July, but stayed on a temporary contract because they were having trouble finding a suitable replacement, however I know realize that I don't want to retire so I am hoping they will take me back full time.
Zodiak
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby nick7 » 08 Jan 2014, 08:07

the correct course of action in the UK is to be referred by your GP to the world famous st marks hospital in London who will evaluate what condition you have who will then go on to give you the correct treatment free of charge. if it's minor they may suggest a surgeon locally to you or if it looks complexed they will do it themselves

for those who live in sussex Mr
Tim
Campbell-Smith
BSc MBBS FRCS(Eng) FRCS(Gen Surg) is a good choice in making the right move for a sucessful outcome

http://www.spirehealthcare.com/gatwickpark/our-facilities-treatments-and-consultants/our-consultants/mr-tim-campbell-smith/
nick7
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2