How to deal with inactivity

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

How to deal with inactivity

Postby LostForWords » 19 Dec 2013, 11:18

Hi.

I have been wondering about the following.

To make a very long story into a very short one:

I live a very inactive way of life due to anxiety and depression. I can go for days without leaving my apartment and most of the time is spend on the couch. I try to exercise and do so about every other day but other than that i sit and lie around a lot of time. I think this can be a real problem with fissures so I want to know about harm reduction in this situation.

So, what are the best ways to sit or lie in order to make blood flow possible to the anal area?
LostForWords
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: How to deal with inactivity

Postby Savaici » 19 Dec 2013, 21:07

I spend quite a lot of my day lying on the sofa, but before I do this I usually am out of the house (in my car, parked down by a river, drinking my coffee, watching the birds) for about three hours. After my time by the river, I go to my local supermarket and walk around for about half an hour, shopping and just walking.

I am often alone, but not lonely. But, I have to have that time out of the house.

As to the blood flow, I'm afraid I don't much worry about that as am too busy trying to stay comfortable. Also, I use a Sitz bath to help with the blood flow. Both Diltiazem and nitro (Rectiv) work to bring increase blood flow, if you are using one of these.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Bettyblue » 20 Dec 2013, 13:47

I'm afraid the best way for increasing blood flow is exercising. You ca also apply a hot bottle of water to your bum while you sit or take a sitz bath like savaici said. If you don't want to go out every day, how about moving around your house as much as you can. But if you can it will be best for you to walk at least 30 minutes every day. I bought an elliptic bike so when I can not go out to walk or I don't want to do it, I hop in my elliptic an exercise 20 to 30 minutes. That could be another option.
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby LostForWords » 21 Dec 2013, 19:21

Hi Savaici.

I wont be able to do anything like that as I suffer from severe social anxiety. I have been able to take daily walks lately though. I just have to wait till it gets dark which just might be the only upside to winter for me ;)

Yeah I know what you mean, Im almost always alone and sometimes lonely too but otherwise Im pretty good on my own. Sitting around all day in an apartment, doing practically nothing besides worrying and researching sure takes it out of you.

I just started Diltiazem yesterday and so far so good.

Hi Bettyblue

Im already doing both the heating thing (just not with a bottle) and sitz bath after every BM, but thanks anyways :)
Well, I dont have a house. I have an (actually i dont "have" shit, its rented) 70m2 apartment so cant really do much walking around. The bike idea is great, but I already have one and I did use it almost everyday for 45-70 min every session up until a few weeks ago but I find it really hard to do anything like that then Im depressed and given the fact that I was pretty down before this major comeback of multiple fissures, I quess that you can imagine how Im pretty depressed a lot of the time in these days. Since you are here on this forum, Im sure you know all about it. I cant imagine anyone having a fissure for a prolonged period of time without getting depressed, at least to some degree.
LostForWords
Salt Bather

Topics: 12