What has everyone told their friends/colleagues/boss?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: What has everyone told their friends/colleagues/boss?

Postby ihope » 12 Nov 2012, 12:15

i wish i was as outspoken as you guys haha. i have only told one person, a friend i had since the 2nd grade (i'm 24 now) and thats only because he called my bluff on the numerous faux injuries i masked it with. he asked me the other day in public "what happened, where were you last night?" and i just said to him "... the pain in the ass". everyone around just looked off as if i was talking about a child or something.
i have a sense of humor like most of you guys said you do but i unfortunately am not in as polished of company. my co-workers, including my boss, aren't the most professional and mature of people. and i work in a warehouse so the work is physically demanding most of the time. i have well documented knee problems so i use that to explain the slow strolling limp i have most days and have told them back problems have started to plague me as well.
i just am not comfortable speaking freely about it to them as i know their immature reactions and gossip will arise and i do not trust my temper (especially when dealing with fissure on a bad day) to let cruel talk just blow by the wayside. i have been doing a great job of staying positive and finding the good patches in all this and i want to keep it that way haha.
ihope

Topics: 1

Postby owie » 04 Jan 2014, 19:48

Well back here to give an update.. i did have the sprinchterectomy in April 2012.. i went on a vacation a few weeks later to Mexico, was able to swim, hot tub, snorkel, etc... so I would say it was not as bad of a recovery as I expected. i did have some pain and needed the pain meds for a bit longer than I thought. But only took 1/2 vicodin in the morning and the other 1/2 at lunchtime.. Back to work in 5 days, sitting at a desk. the vicodin took the edge off but i think if I didn't have to sit all day I would have been better sooner. It also hurt to sit in certain positions so still used the cushions. On a side note I ended up getting laid off a couple months later so i think having the time off also helped the healing process. For a while I was having slight bleeding and was told I might need more surgery but I stuck it out and haven't had any bleeding in over a year. I do however have less tight of a muscle that a little gas will sometimes produce a small stain...:( I have concluded that this seems to happen when I use stool softeners so I have gotten away from using them. I do have to keep wipes on hand since it's not easy just staying clean with toilet paper. (even in normal situations). But I guess that inconvenience is better than having constant pain and bleeding!! so in hindsight I am glad I had the procedure but hope I never have to go thru any more of that stuff... I still get the tailbone pain from time to time but my gyne dr said I may have scar tissue and that along with possible IBS could give me the pain.. anyhow, I am about 90% better than I was...so I can live with that! so anyone out there, please don't shy away from this procedure.. just make sure the dr tells you all the pros/cons of it. If I was to have more surgery, it would involve some incontinence so I am not going to risk it...
owie

Postby LostForWords » 05 Jan 2014, 16:30

Well, this is an easy one for me as I don´t work and I don´t have any friends ;) There is an upside to everything you see....

I did however tell my family and girlfriend. My gf in particular has been very supporting and sometimes I might have gone a little overboard with talking about it, but it just gets really hard to keep these things inside when it is on your mind all the time and at some point I just have to let it all out. Maybe now I will keep things a little more from her and tell you guys instead.
LostForWords
Salt Bather

Topics: 12