3 months post lis and fissurectomy

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 3 months post lis and fissurectomy

Postby Jsingh » 08 Jan 2014, 10:09

I am so sick of this burning sensation which does not seem to go away...it is now 4 months post op...glad though there is not much pain..the only relief I get is from a couple of advils and I get about 2 hrs of burning free period...but then how much advil can one take...sitting down is still uncomfortable...tried the coconut oil but not much relief...driving me crazy...anyone gone through this...?
Jsingh
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby skumar » 08 Jan 2014, 13:30

Jsingh, I did ask this to my Crs and he said may be 2-3 months.
skumar
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby skumar » 13 Jan 2014, 06:05

Hi Jsingh, how are you feeling? I know its very frustrating for you but I thing burning is part of healing process. If it does not pain then its good. And your fissure was worse too so fissuretectomy site must be very raw and usage of that area is making it burn I feel we all who have undergone this surgery must 6-8 months time to the scar tissue. Use of laxative might make us feel that we are healed faster but key to the success if use of good stool softners and go normally.
skumar
Salt Bather

Postby Jsingh » 13 Jan 2014, 08:48

I think you are absolutely correct in what you are saying Skumar...I am slightly above the 4 month mark.. How are you doing?...please keep posting and wish you luck..
Jsingh
Salt Bather

Postby Hatetopoop » 13 Jan 2014, 09:33

Hi Jsingh, if I can ask why did you have to have a 2nd LIS?
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Jsingh » 13 Jan 2014, 12:37

My second surgery was necessary because the CRS was not sure of what he was doing and cut too conservatively.....I had misgivings about going to him as he was a young guy with 1 year of experience in private practice..he was however trained from the best institute in the country and I felt at that time that this surgery was basic bread and butter for all CRS...I was wrong..
Jsingh
Salt Bather

Postby skumar » 14 Jan 2014, 06:50

I still have the burning but I can deal with it. My main concern is tightness as if it will retest again. Do you also feel the same? I thought after LIS it will be that tight so I am disappointed. Tightness was my always problem. Since it does not open so I get tears. I don't know but I feel soon I will be heading for second LIS since my CRS cut very less. If sphincter Muscle is cut properly then I should not feel it this much tight. Oh god I just want to be done with butt problem forever. It's very frustrating. Should I think about it or my kids? Do you also feel the tightness? I am very scared of narrowing again. Any idea what should I do? My CRS would see my after 20 days from now.
skumar
Salt Bather

Postby Jsingh » 14 Jan 2014, 09:04

I do have tightness but this is different from the tightness I had before.This is much higher up and is related to a different condition..there is no tightness in the sphincter area..however the overall feeling is not healthy as I continue to experience weird symptoms..... different from day to day...I can have a perfectly normal day only to feel miserable the next day....
Jsingh
Salt Bather

Postby skumar » 14 Jan 2014, 09:27

It's so true to feel better one day only to feel miserable next day.
skumar
Salt Bather

Postby Hatetopoop » 14 Jan 2014, 11:26

OMG skumar and jsingh, I am 4 days post LIS surgery and I feel very tight upwards. I cannot poop. Today was a bad day. I do not feel fissure pain, or even LIS pain. My poo today was diarrhea yet I had a very hard time pushing it out. Almost and hour in and out of a sitz bath, Miralax, stool softener...I am getting worried my LIS was not deep enough. I am getting very depressed as well. I want this over with!!! How much longer is this going to continue?? When will I be normal again???
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14