how to combat the gas from miralax

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

how to combat the gas from miralax

Postby havefaith » 08 Jan 2014, 12:41

Praying for each and every one of you. WE WILL MAKE IT OUT OF THIS, WE WILL BE STRONGER!!

My question is, I realize many of you are taking miralax/movicol, I have tried it and while it does work great... it also makes me pass such horrible wind that my fissure gets incredibly irritated.

I was wondering do i maybe just need smaller doses (as it is i use one third of a dose in one day and it gets things running pretty good, full dose is 17g)

Any of your suggestions as to how you combat the gas would be greatly appreciated as colace seems to have a limited time that it works for and i dont want to rely on it .
I have faith in you always, i love you like my own son or daughter, when you hurt, i hurt. Let us all be each others guiding light, and heal without anxiety :) Much love to all.
havefaith
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Re: how to combat the gas from miralax

Postby pinpin » 08 Jan 2014, 15:26

I heard there is some additional meds to reduce gas, was it Gasex or something. Probably worth to try.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Re: how to combat the gas from miralax

Postby suzyljank » 08 Jan 2014, 18:46

Hi, the gas goes away once you get used to taking miralax. It's possible that's it's something you're eating that is giving you gas. Try simethicone for gas. Hope this helps Suzy.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic