Yesterday, not the best of days....

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Yesterday, not the best of days....

Postby LostForWords » 12 Jan 2014, 16:01

Hi all.

Okay, so here is the deal.
Yesterday was just another day like the day before it and so on. Fissure related ups and downs you know?
Then at some point I started to get an itch but not in the anus it self but like 4 cm to the side. No big deal, itching is the least of my troubles really.
It did however feel a little different than what I´m used to so I went on to make a visual examination with the help of a mirror.
What I saw next was like nothing I have ever experienced before and even after a thorough research on the web I still don´t know what to make of it.

There was a swelling around my anus which was forming a ring. Starting from a point on the perineal raphe
, like 2 cm behind my anus. The swelling was very pronounced and had an orange/brown, very sick looking color to it.
It grew in size very quickly and at some point it "burst". Meaning that I suddenly noticed that I felt wet down there and went to check it out. I had some liquid discharge in my underpants (very light brown color and odorless, don´t ask me how I know right!)
Back to the mirror again and this time the swelling had gone down significantly. The reason being that the liquid that was causing the swelling now had come through the skin and on to the surface, making my anus and an area in 10 cm diameter very wet and sticky. I took a bath and noticed that the water was causing some sharp pain but not in the anus it self.
Out of shower and back to the mirror. The swelling kept reducing (I could actually feel a difference on the surface just from the time before I took the shower to after) but now I had 3 new "fissures" but not anal fissures, just small tears, not very deep at all, located around my anus. I put some zinc oxide creme on them and went to bed.

Today the swelling is gone and I mean completely gone! Which is kind of surreal as it looked very bad when I first saw it in the mirror (before the liquid discharge). 2 of the 3 scars also seem to be gone with the last one being a lot better.

My question is very simple really. What the hell was this? I have an appointment at my GP on Tuesday as I want to mention this to him. I haven´t read anything like this in relation to fissures or other digestion disorders for that matter.
It should be noted that the story above only took 2 hours to unfold, from I first noticed the itch and to the point where the discharge had been released and the swelling was reduced a lot.

Only thing I did different yesterday was that I had been using my new heading pad to sit on (low temperature). I think this could possible make the skin release some underlying pus related to inflamation of the fissures but that is my only quess and it doesn´t seem like anyone else has experienced this - at least not from what I found on the web.

Give me all of your insight my fellow anally crippled friends....!
LostForWords
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: Yesterday, not the best of days....

Postby owmybum » 13 Jan 2014, 04:49

I would guess that it was an infected gland. I had something similar a couple of years back. It cleared up within a couple of days, and that was that. My dr said there are lots of tiny glands all around the area.
Try not to worry, but you are doing the right thing by getting the dr to look at it.

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby LostForWords » 13 Jan 2014, 17:18

There is nothing left for him to look at so he will have to do with words for now. I will not have anyone retear me for no reason, I have made that mistake once and it won´t happen again!
LostForWords
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby Bettyblue » 14 Jan 2014, 18:01

It could be and abscess, better to go to your doctor and check it out.
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7