Pregnant and feeling pretty pooey

Worst time to get a fissure:(

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Pregnant and feeling pretty pooey

Postby Pleaseletitbesoft » 16 Jan 2014, 21:25

Hi all. Thankful to find this forum to come to. I have been struggling with extreamly painful fissures for four months now. I am 11 weeks pregnant and wishing I didn't have this stress in my life at this time. Bit I guess none of want to b dealing with this insanely painful and stressful condition. Just visited the dr again today and to my disappointment she told me to stop using the anusol that had been the only thing I had been relying on for some relief. She told me more sitzbaths and more fibre and that was about it. It's suppose to be the most exciting time of my life and it's turning out to be the most stressful. I wake up dreading the bathroom and looking forward to the weekend so I know I won't be stuck at work dying in the bathroom stressing about someone coming in or having to sneek home and hope I don't get caught leaving. It's a hard thing to deal with glad to have others to go through it with and glad to have success stories to read when I feel like there is no hope. On a better now I am really looking forward to this baby it has been my dream to be a mother :) I can't wait. Nice to meet you all.
Pleaseletitbesoft

Topics: 1

Re: Pregnant and feeling pretty pooey

Postby splinterboy2013 » 17 Jan 2014, 11:00

please ask your doctor if she can recommend mirilax, it will save you. Please do check with your doctor since your pregnant.
splinterboy2013
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Scientist2516 » 17 Jan 2014, 12:18

Pleaseletitbesoft,
more fibre may not be the answer. The objective is to get soft stools, and sometimes fibre will just give you bigger stools that are still painful to pass even if they are quite soft.
Drink plenty of water so your stools don't get dehydrated.
Keep a diary of what you eat and how it affects your stools, and figure out what gives you soft stools that are easy to pass. Don't get hung up on fibre - it's not the answer for everyone.

Mirilax is very popular here. I have not tried it, but lots of people here swear by it.
I love kondremul, a mineral oil emulsion that gives me lovely soft stools. I sometimes get some urgency - those "cant' wait" type BMs with kondremul, but I've never had an accident. You may have to order kondremul through your pharmacy, or on line. I got mine from Amazon.

good luck!
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby owmybum » 17 Jan 2014, 14:53

Hi... And congratulations on your pregnancy!!
I remember suffering with awful hemmorhoids with my middle child... It was awful. I think at the time I was prescribed lactulose, as I was getting constipated and not eating or drinking enough due to morning sickness.
Make sure you eat a good healthy diet... Lots of cooked veg, oats etc...... Scientist is right... Too much fibre can bulk up stools and make them harder to pass.
Drink plenty of fluids, and maybe some nice soaks in the bath after your bm if you have time.

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Pleaseletitbesoft » 17 Jan 2014, 21:28

Thanks guys I'm going to ask about mirilax and also why she recommended bulking up my stool.
Pleaseletitbesoft

Postby Bettyblue » 18 Jan 2014, 13:17

I cured my fissure with Miralax, tons of water and a healthy diet. You don't need to over do with the fiber as it can give you bulky BMs and actually could be worse for the AF. If you add more vegetables and fruits to your diet and brown rice, whole wheat pasta, quinoa, etc.. It will be enough. The most important thing for be able to heal is to keep your BMs soft. Also try to stick with a BM once a day to no irritate your AF. and avoid at all cost watery or hard stools. Take care.
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby Pleaseletitbesoft » 18 Jan 2014, 15:03

I'm worried i won't be able to take mirilax because it sounds like it might have laxative ingredients and I'm not allowed taking any laxatives while preg but I'm def goin to look into it and yes my goal is def soft thanks
Pleaseletitbesoft

Postby Bettyblue » 18 Jan 2014, 16:40

Miralax is a mild laxative. It is not absorbed by the body and don't have any side effects. What it does is to pull enough water into your stools to make them softer. I looked for information and it seems that is perfectly safe to take during pregnancy. But of course you have to ask you doctor first to see if Miralax is ok for you.
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby Pleaseletitbesoft » 18 Jan 2014, 16:59

Awesome thanks I'm going to call to ask about it Monday my fingers are crossed :)
Pleaseletitbesoft

Postby splinterboy2013 » 18 Jan 2014, 17:00

yes i have heard people taking mirilax through pregnancy....but please please please dont take without asking your doctor.
splinterboy2013
Salt Bather

Topics: 2