Pregnant and feeling pretty pooey

Worst time to get a fissure:(

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Pregnant and feeling pretty pooey

Postby skumar » 21 Jan 2014, 06:10

Hi there, I was in the same boat last year but mine was already chronic fissure for which I was undergoing treatment before pregnancy and I had narrowing too. Now I have a beautiful 3 month daughter. I don't want scare you much but your sounds as if you got just now and no narrowing so you can heal it faster. Pregnancy attributes to fissure so its very common. We few are example. Worst part is no doc will give any medicine unless It's a must need. I was using prince juice every night when thing started feeling little better otherwose o was taking little bit of it in the morning too to keep the bowel soft. I was taking colace stool softers through out the pregnancyw. It's safe. My friend was also using it. At my worse days my doc asked me to take.milk of magnacia mom but asked me to take it when needed. The portion should be just right to give you the soft poo not running. I was taking it earlier too so I knew how much I need but make sure no cramping. I got mine mom where no cramping was mentioned on the label. Anything that will upset or heat up the stomach is not good. You can ask your doc about miralax which never worked for me. Try eating prunes whole itself. For me it did not work because I had narrowing but it was bulking me up so juice was best for me. But more prince juice can upset your so I used to take 4-5 oz. Every doc is different . My ob duri.g second.pregnancy atlest asked me to use colace, juice and mom but the ob during first pregnancy did not give me anything. I had no clue of these medinice at that time.since I was new to fissure severity at that time. I hope you feel better soon. If this is acute the. Soft poo will fix it for sure in 10 days but keep it soft for few more weeks. Dreading the bathroom visit we all can understand. I feel your pain but there is hope at the end of tunnel.
skumar
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby skumar » 24 Jan 2014, 06:07

How are you feeling. Wish your fissure heal faster since pregnancy and fissure is very tough.
skumar
Salt Bather

Postby sugarspice » 25 Jan 2014, 09:52

You poor poor thing, I am sure once you have had the baby you can have some botox injections so that your fissure can heal itself. No-one ever talks about the difficult sides to pregnancy do they? Some people breeze through but others have fissures, terrible hems etc. I really feel for you. You might want to talk to your midwife about a c-sec too as a natural labour could tear your fissure even more :-( My thoughts are with you, it took us a while to get our dream family too so I know how lovely it must feel for you but masked by your stupid fissure :-( I hope the diet advice helps you until you have the baby, then you can look in to botox, which will almost certainly cure you.
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby ocean123 » 28 Jan 2014, 01:50

Hi

Eat two tomatoes at lunch time and two tomatoes along with dinner
Mix two table spoons of isphagol in half cup of mild warm water and drink it. Take it before going to sleep and after taking breakfast

Try this please
ocean123

Postby skumar » 28 Jan 2014, 06:51

Yes. Ocean123 is right. Tomato helps. Isaphgol you might not get in all stores do substitute is metamucil, citrucil etc. You can get it in ant pharmacy. After my post op I am taking this twice a day.
skumar
Salt Bather

Postby splinterboy2013 » 04 Feb 2014, 21:41

hi scientist,

i noticed you use kondremul ,

how long have you been using it? where do you buy it and how much and when do you take it. please help me out i am desperate for releif. is kondremul safe to take? is it natural?thanks and let me know asap.
splinterboy2013
Salt Bather

Postby skumar » 05 Feb 2014, 05:55

I take kondremul 1 tbl sp at might with glass of water. My doctor seems very fond of this than any other laxatives. I did not find it in Walgreens so asked them to get an order for me me. However I don't like it. I feel bloated with this but still taking it. I prefer on metamucil twice a day.
skumar
Salt Bather

Help

Postby MumofTwo » 05 Feb 2014, 11:34

Lactulose is the safest to take in pregnancy and your af should get better towards end of pregnancy as you get more blood flow. Other than that seriously watch ur diet and lots of water
MumofTwo

Postby Ginger » 05 Feb 2014, 19:39

Sorry to hear you are suffering at such an amazing time of your life. Although not pregnant I can totally relate to your comments around being at work and how that feels. Such a difficult thing to deal with.
Ginger
Fibre Addict

Postby Scientist2516 » 05 Feb 2014, 22:45

Splinterboy, I replied to your private message before seeing this post here, so check your PMs. I hope it will be helpful.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16