Day 8 Post LIS Surgery: Diarrhea

Day8 Post LIS Surgery: Diarrhea

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Day 8 Post LIS Surgery: Diarrhea

Postby Hatetopoop » 18 Jan 2014, 03:50

I am doing very well considering my LIS, tag removal, and fissurectomy was 8 days ago. My poop slides right out and I don't have any fissure or LIS pain. I am just a bit sore after each BM near the tag removal sites. I sting and burn a bit and yesterday was the FIRST day I did NOT have to take any Advil. I think that's progress! HA!

Now I have diarrhea for the past 24 hours. I don't know if it's because I've started introducing more foods this week, like pasta and cream sauces or if something just did not agree with me, or if all of the fiber overload was just too much now that my BUM has been repaired???

So I am down to one fiber pill per day as of last night. I was taking TWO fiber pills per day and TWO stool softeners TWICE per day, plus fruits, veggies, dates, oatmeal, etc...

Can anyone advise on this? Should I take an Imodium or probiotic or just let this run its course?

Or maybe its time to stop the fiber supplement altogether? I had only started the fiber supplement last year when my fissure was active and perhaps I do not need it anymore?

We'll see...in the meantime, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Re: Day 8 Post LIS Surgery: Diarrhea

Postby Bettyblue » 18 Jan 2014, 06:55

Aw hatetopoop, I am sorry to hear you have diarrhea. Maybe the prune juice + the stool softeners where to much? I can't drink prune juice because it always gives me the runs. On the other hand if I eat prunes( I eat 10 every day) they give me nice and soft BMs every day. Try to stick maybe to a soft diet today and cut the stool softeners slowly to see if it helps. I don't think too much fiber it is the problem. Could also be that you eat something that upset your stomach and tomorrow you will be fine. Either way I can not say if to take Imodium will be good. Can Imodium give you hard BMs when you take it? I hope you will fell better soon. Let me now how it goes.
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby owmybum » 18 Jan 2014, 12:16

Hopefully it was just something you ate.... I probably wouldn't take Imodium just yet.drink plenty of fluids to keep yourself hydrated and see what tomorrow brings.
If you feel a irritated try putting some baby cream on over night, and see if it calms it any!

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby skumar » 19 Jan 2014, 06:21

I hope you are feeling better. Metamucil are given to people who have these running BM or IBS. So I guess fiber supplements are not the problem, may be too many stool softners or the food.
skumar
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Bettyblue » 19 Jan 2014, 06:25

How are you today. Feeling any better?
Bettyblue
VIP

Postby Hatetopoop » 19 Jan 2014, 13:58

Hi Betty,
I'm feeling better every day. I have not taken the ibuprofen now for two days! I had a normal soft BM today that slipped right out. I am still testing my diet and the fiber, stool softener pills but I"m back to one fiber, and one softener. That's it.

My tag removal site is still itching, burning and stinging a bit but on a scale of 1-10 it's about a 3. Nothing like the pain and soreness I and before surgery with the fissure so I am happy.

I will see my CRS tomorrow morning to see what he thinks about my progress and most likely returning to work this Tuesday.

Ahhhhhhhhh.....so we'll see...
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bettyblue » 19 Jan 2014, 18:19

That's great news! Seems that every day is going better for you. I am glad to hear that. I am going tomorrow to see my CRS too.( Another long 6 hours trip by train until Madrid. But this time I will come back home by plane). I am returning to work on Thursday so I still have some days to rest. But I am feeling very good. Let us know how every thing went. Take care.
Bettyblue
VIP

Postby Hatetopoop » 19 Jan 2014, 21:49

Thanks wonderful Betty! Glad to hear...I look back and remember how terrified I was. Boy, I wish I had done this sooner! What fear can do....lesson learned. I am cautious still but hopeful I can return back to my "normal" life and go back to my exercising as I love to do...
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist