Hoping for success

What a thing to deal with...

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Hoping for success

Postby Bettyblue » 22 Jan 2014, 01:49

I managed to cure my fissure. As I said in my post, I went for LIS for other reasons. But before I had surgery, My fissure have closed and I was not having any pain. An it was cronic. I got my fissure in September of 2012, but it was not diagnosed properly until April 2013 ( confused with hemorrhoids). Also in this forums there are several people that managed to heal cronic fissures. It just that is a very slow process and when is cured you have to be very carefull with the diet and water intake so you don't re-tear. Any hard movement or diarrhea and the AF will start to bother you again.
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby ButtQueen » 22 Jan 2014, 05:10

Yes, agreed. And that is the hardest part: getting the perfect BM that would not damage the fissure again! How long exactly did it take for your fissure to heal Bettyblue?
ButtQueen
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby powderblue » 25 Feb 2014, 19:54

I had a re-tear recently - things were going so smoothly and after a BM that was not particularly large or painful - bam! it was definitely torn.

I'm still getting bleeding on most of the days, had another visit to the doctor and he did a full inspection and even used something to check inside the anal canal and said that I have two problems: a fissure and anusitis. And I have no idea what is causing anusitis.

But my day goes like this recently: I have a BM at 5 or 6 AM, then clean up, usually pain is tolerable and goes away. 40 minutes later it starts again and then goes away.

But 2 hours later - that's where the burning begins. And it lasts for 4-6 hours. And I don't feel any spasms and applying more diltiazem cream does not seem to help. Are these really the spasms? Or is it a reaction to Diltiazem? I'm a bit scared to stop using it.
powderblue
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby ButtQueen » 26 Feb 2014, 03:28

How about skipping only a day? I was also confused about GTN cream prescribed to me causing this burning and itching. So after my morning BM for two or three days, I waited two or three hours before I applied GTN. The burning started immediately after my BM so I knew it wasn't the cream that was causing it.
I personally think spasms are not the burning and itchy feeling. Spasms in my opinion are the SUPER pressurized feeling up the anus, as if somebody has hit you on there with a baseball bat. Burning usually does not bother me much. It is that super pressurized feeling that makes me want to jump off the cliff :)
ButtQueen
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9