LIS with laser

12 days post LIS. First appointment with CRS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS with laser

Postby sotiredofthis » 27 Jan 2014, 19:53

Bettyblue and hatetopoop: so, so happy for both of you!!! Gives me hope and courage.
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Postby Bettyblue » 28 Jan 2014, 06:40

Hatetopoop, I am glad you are also doing good! Isn't it fantastic to go to the bathroom and don't have to worry about pain? I will take any irritation that I still have for a life without pain. I am so happy for you. Hope every day you continue feeling better and better. Keep me posted about you progress. Many blessings.
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby Bettyblue » 28 Jan 2014, 06:42

Sotiredofthis, thanks! How are you doing this days? Many blessings for you.
Bettyblue
VIP

Postby vdb324 » 28 Jan 2014, 21:02

Oh my gosh. Betty, you are making me feel so much better about my decision to go forward with LIS today. I look forward to hearing the rest of your updates!
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52

Postby kpain » 29 Jan 2014, 01:44

Hello Bettyblue......I was reading your Jan 27 updates on your successful LIS with laser. You mentioned about irritation before LIS where you said "I had a lot of anal irritation and burning even after I healed my fissure naturally. It was always present and bother me to the point to need some kind of ointment every day to make it bearable".

I am currently close to 3 months since dealing with my fissure. My CRS examined couple of weeks ago and concluded my fissure is superficial and appears to be healing. He has given me 2 more months to see if it heals completely or go for Botox. I am not sure if I am healing but I am having "not so bad" BMs and experience mild blood spotting and bearable burning sensation as opposed to lots of bleeding a month ago. However, this burning sensation lasts 2 to 4 hours that goes away eventually once I apply nitro. I experience no irritation or spasms..... just plain burning sensation that starts few mins after BM. I was surprised to see you mention about fissure even if healed naturally can still cause burning. My CRS told me even if the fissure is healed one wud still see some spotting but did not say anything about burning or pain. I will get to know in 2 months where I am at. Hopefully I am heading towards natural healing (fingers crossed).
kpain
Fibre Addict

Postby Scientist2516 » 29 Jan 2014, 10:51

Fantastic news, Betty. I love it when people say they got their life back. Well done and congratulations!

:Rock: :stars:
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby Bettyblue » 29 Jan 2014, 14:35

Vdb, take care and let me know when is your surgery.

Scientist, thank you so much for all the good energy. Many blessings for you.
Bettyblue
VIP

Postby Bettyblue » 29 Jan 2014, 15:31

Kpain, the fact that the pain is less, means that you are healing. Is just it takes a lot of time to cure a fissure. So be patient. That burning sensation that you have is due to the fissure, is like a spam but less painful. For me the pain and spasm were decreasing little by little and the burning sensation was not inside. My burning was and has to do more with skin issues. The sensation I have is from the anal verge towards the out side of my bum and is present all the time, it never goes away. If I apply an ointment some times is bearable, and some times just go away. After my LIS I am doing better and better with this, to the point that I don't need to apply anything during the day. Just at night. But since yesterday the irritation is coming back and I don't have any idea why. Maybe I just have to be patient and wait, since I am not completely normal yet, I think issues with my bum will come and go. Hang in there. Healing is possible. You just need to have a lot of discipline with the diet , the water intake and the stool softener. Avoid like the plague hard and running stools and I think you will be fine. Two months is plenty of time to know if things are going to work or not. Good luck and take care. Let me know how you continue doing.
Bettyblue
VIP

Postby sotiredofthis » 29 Jan 2014, 19:40

Hi Bettyblue, I answered how I was doing in my other thread. Thanks for asking!

You know, my main problem is the burning sensation too. I hope yours goes away as that will give me some hope that mine will too. It would so totally stink if it doesn't since that's my main issue.

Hang in there and keep us updated!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Postby kpain » 30 Jan 2014, 12:48

Bettyblue....thanks for the reply. Sorry to hear about your burning sensation post LIS. Hang in there. One of my relative had LIS 7 years ago and I remember him mentioning that it took 2-3 months to feel normal and more than 6 months to feel better and carefree. Everyone's healing rate is different but from what I have seen/read.....everyone's discomfort post LIS will eventually normalize after a certain point. Good luck.
kpain
Fibre Addict