Advice? Ongoing Butt Rawness, Spotting

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Advice? Ongoing Butt Rawness, Spotting

Postby AlexP » 06 Feb 2014, 14:27

Saw my GO doc yesterday, he did a visual exam, said it looked like my fissure was better. I am having ups and downs. I'll go for days with no spotting, & then again the spotting returns with BM. The sharp stinging on the right side (side of fissure) is a bit less, I'm using the Nifed/Lido, maybe that's helped some, maybe time has also..

I had an internal lower rectal polyp (unrelated to fissure) removed back last year, before I got the fissure. The CRS thought it was infected anal gland possibly which caused that polyp. The biopsy for that was benign.

Question is, lately I'm feeling my whole outer sphincter area is irritated when I have BM. I had an anoscope done by my CRS in July & another this past December. He agreed I had a lateral fissure, but said nothing about hemmorhoids other than me having two small skin tags.

He said I wouldn't be a good candidate for surgery due to the fissure being lateral, me having HIV, (though my numbers are excellent). Now we're in wait & see mode I guess. My GP yesterday said I seemed to be doing better, but he didn't do a scope of course.

My question is this. How long do new polyps in the rectum take to form? Would it be possible for one to spring up between December when I had my last scope & now (early February)? Or do rectal polyps/masses only take much much longer to develop? Thanks.

My GP told me yesterday the spotting is probably due to my fissure, so guess I just have to trust him, & the last couple anoscopies have been ok other than showing the fissure. I am just trying to be hypervigilant due to me having HIV.

I have eliminated all known risk factors like anal sex, insertion of sex toys, etc.

I did start applying the Lido/Nifed just internally awhile back, as it seemed the external application wasn't doing anything. I seemed to get better pain wise for a time, but now I wonder if I should go back to only applying them outside, because I wonder if the internal application somehow irritated my anus in some way.

I see my CRS again my March, & if he then thinks I should still wait & not do anything, I'll just try and put this out of my mind.
AlexP
Salt Bather

Topics: 25

Re: Advice? Ongoing Butt Rawness, Spotting

Postby Scientist2516 » 06 Feb 2014, 15:05

Hi Alex, thanks for the update.
Sorry I can't answer your question about the polyps - maybe somebody else can.
I just want to wish you well. I think you might do better applying the lido/nif externally. I eventually decided that trying to put it up inside was doing more harm than good. Though, again, the stretching might be a good thing, but only if it doesn't hurt you.
Are you using gloves when you put the medication inside? And if so, are you using latex or vinyl gloves? Vinyl is less irritating for some people: latex allergies are quite common.
Good luck
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16