Still Spotting BMs With Less Pain, & Softer Stools?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Still Spotting BMs With Less Pain, & Softer Stools?

Postby AlexP » 09 Feb 2014, 10:33

I am still having spotting with BMs. I had a couple days where I had very loose watery stools & am keeping them that way, I take 2 stool softeners every day. The sharp tearing pain has mostly gone away now with BMs, but I am still having blood spotting on tissue even after a soft BM. Why is this? Is spotting with less pain a good sign? Like I said, the sharp tearing pain I had back in Nov/Dec has subsided, maybe this is due to time, maybe partly the Nifed/Lidocaine I've been using.

So why am I still spotting? I asked my GP last week, he said he thought it looked better (from the outside) & I asked him if the blood is probably coming from the fissure & nowhere else? He said probably yes. He didn't seem too concerned.

I saw my CRS in December he scoped me & saw the fissure & said basically wait & see, he said I wouldn't be a good candidate for surgery due to it being a lateral fissure & me having HIV (although my numbers are excellent).

But the question I keep coming back to is why, even with my softer stools, do I still have blood spotting on toilet paper after BM? I have had two colonoscopies recently, the last one a year ago, & all was ok other than an inflamed polyp which I had to have surgically removed.

My CRS scoped me post-op in July (before fissure) & said all was well, he scoped me again in December & saw the fissure (which I had just gotten) but said nothing about internal hemorrhoids or any new polyps. I was wondering if maybe I have another inflamed internal polyp, but I doubt it because I've been scoped so many times in the last year & nothing else was seen. I do have low-grade HPV but nothing as far as malignancy.

So is my spotting probably from the fissure or what's left of it? Would it be a new polyp, could one have formed since December when I was last scoped or do they take years to form.

I'm just puzzled, why when my stools are soft & BMs are mostly painless, do I still have spotting this is nerve racking.
AlexP
Salt Bather

Topics: 25

Re: Still Spotting BMs With Less Pain, & Softer Stools?

Postby AlexP » 09 Feb 2014, 11:37

I also emailed my CRS a couple months ago, shortly after my last appointment, he said I could expect some spotting, he said it's unknown whether HIV is the cause of my fissure, or other cause, not sure what he meant by that..He said just keep doing what I'm doing for now, keep stools soft, unless/until a biopsy demonstrates other cause. What would he have meant by that? A biopsy? I had the polyp biopsied which was removed last year, & it was benign, is it even possible to biopsy a fissure? That word scares me, I am just hoping I don't have anal cancer, I don't think I could deal with that.

I am also bipolar & have anxiety disorder, so that doesn't help matters.
AlexP
Salt Bather

Topics: 25

Re: Still Spotting BMs With Less Pain, & Softer Stools?

Postby ButtQueen » 11 Feb 2014, 00:39

Woah woah slow down there, young man!! :) You are missing out on the basic ingredient here: Positivity! Don't jump to conclusions all by yourself. Your CRS might just want to rule any other possibilities out to put your mind at ease.

A bleeding AF is not at all a sign of worry, no matter how much it feels like so. I personally bled now or then from my AF even when it wasn't causing any pain at all, just some very uncomfortable and annoying itching down there. You should not measure the healing progress of your fissure by how much it bleeds. There are people here who have had terrible fissures that never bled at all. A fissure which is causing you lesser and lesser pain as time passes by is DEFINITELY a very positive sign.

So don't panic at all when you see some bleeding with your BM. It is not much of a cause of worry apart from the usual worry which comes along with this darn fissure business. Relax! Stop obsessing yourself with these thoughts and do something to distract yourself! Read a good book, watch a good movie (I have some great suggestions in case you are interested).

Hope you heal really soon!
ButtQueen
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9