Do internal anal fissures heal

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Do internal anal fissures heal

Postby exodus415 » 20 Feb 2014, 15:44

Hi everybody I was diagnosed with an anal fissure not too long ago, but mine is in internal because it cant be seen. I don't have that broken glass feeling that most people feel when they have a bowel movement and I have some pain but mostly discomfort and some rectal pressure when im sitting down. I have been on nitro for about almost 2 weeks now and have been wondering how long do these internal anal fissures take long to heal? And what would you guys recommend to speed up the healing?
exodus415

Topics: 1

Re: Do internal anal fissures heal

Postby exodus415 » 20 Feb 2014, 15:45

Also I have been very anxious and stressed lately because of it, do you guys think that plays a role in the healing?
exodus415

Topics: 1

Postby ButtQueen » 24 Feb 2014, 05:45

Welcome to the forum!
Answering your last question first: YES. Being stressed is actually one of the main proponents of getting an anal fissure initially for majority of us here. Try to be as relaxed as possible. Fissures are truly a pain in the ass and one of the worst things about them is that they begin influencing more on the psychological side as compared to the physical side, which prevents healing. Go out for a walk, read a good novel, watch a nice movie, do whatever it takes to help yourself relax as much as possible and distract yourself. It will benefit the 50% part of your healing.
Now coming to the other question of yours. Only nitro is not enough. Are you drinking enough water? Taking enough vegetables and fruits? Whatever you do, avoid straining over toilet at all costs. I haven't personally tried sitz baths much but many people here swear over them so you should try warm soaks as well. Try getting some nitro inside as well. This will help quicker healing. Stay positive and patient. Fissures are really painful but totally cureable. Hope you heal very soon!
ButtQueen
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Scientist2516 » 24 Feb 2014, 15:41

Hi Exodus,
that is very good advice from ButtQueen. There are a lot of people who come here and say they have a fissure, and they have been under a lot of stress lately.
Could be stress causing the fissure (as in, you are tense all the time, and that affects your digestive system, and tension in your butt makes you more prone to a fissure). Or it could be that your stress is causing you not to take care of yourself. Maybe you are comfort eating on fast foods, not getting enough fruit and veg, drinking caffeinated sodas or coffee, or alcohol, and not drinking water.

I think my fissure was caused by dehydration, because I always eat a lot of fruit and veg, but used to rarely drink water. Caffeine and alcohol will both dry you out and make your stools hard and dry.
Now I drink several glasses of water every day.

Healing can take weeks. Please don't get discouraged, because the pain will start to improve as soon as you get your diet under control and have soft stools all the time. As you get better, you may find you have good days and bad days - but the good days will increase over time.

It may take some experimenting to find what you can and can't eat, for soft, non-bulky stools. There is lots of advice here for good fissure-friendly things to eat, so browse around, and ask questions if you can't find what you are looking for.

Good luck!
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16