Very concerned, confused, and worried about AF

I am a 17 year old male and I believe I have anal fissures

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Very concerned, confused, and worried about AF

Postby confusedteen » 03 Mar 2014, 23:28

Hello!

So I am a 17 year old male and I believe I have an anal fissure or two. I noticed this about a week ago and I passed it off as a cut on my butthole. However, as I did more research, I read about anal fissures, looked at some images, compared them to my symptoms, and concluded that I have two anal fissures currently. As of yesterday, I have been taking lots of fiber, drinking tons of water, bathing 2x a day, and applying vaseline to my anus often. I am seeing no improvement yet. How long do anal fissures take to heal? What else can I do to aid the healing process? Once they heal, will I be able to enjoy anal sex normally? (Yes, I am gay) I didn't get the fissures from sex, I am a virgin. I am not really sure how I got them, I didn't have a particularly hard bowel movement and I didn't have any trauma. The only thing I can think of is some diarrhea but I am very curious as to how these arrived on my anus. I know this is lengthy, but I would greatly appreciate any feedback! Thanks!
confusedteen

Topics: 1

Re: Very concerned, confused, and worried about AF

Postby ButtQueen » 04 Mar 2014, 05:40

Hi confusedteen! Welcome to the forum honey. Sorry you are so young and have to go through this! With anal fissures you cannot see an improvement in only a day so you have got to be patient.

You have been right in building up that plan of attack and I would say that you are doing all the right stuff! Give all of this at least a week. If things do not improve you can visit a CRS and get one of those ointments that improve blood flow to the area. The good thing is that you are still in the acute stage so you have a large chance of healing quickly. Just do whatever it takes to keep yourself regular and avoid straining at the toilet at all costs.

Keep us updated with how you are doing!
ButtQueen
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby confusedteen » 05 Mar 2014, 01:39

ButtQueen wrote:Hi confusedteen! Welcome to the forum honey. Sorry you are so young and have to go through this! With anal fissures you cannot see an improvement in only a day so you have got to be patient.

You have been right in building up that plan of attack and I would say that you are doing all the right stuff! Give all of this at least a week. If things do not improve you can visit a CRS and get one of those ointments that improve blood flow to the area. The good thing is that you are still in the acute stage so you have a large chance of healing quickly. Just do whatever it takes to keep yourself regular and avoid straining at the toilet at all costs.

Keep us updated with how you are doing!

OMG thank yo uso much! You made me feel 10x better about this situation. I am already noticing that I don't bleed after a bowel movement anymore and the only irritation I am experiencing is itchiness and some discomfort occasionally. Thanks a million!!
confusedteen

Topics: 1

Postby ButtQueen » 05 Mar 2014, 08:29

You are welcome baby! I am so glad you are doing better :) Just remember not to strain at the toilet at all! Good luck :smilyhug:
ButtQueen
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9