Regional CRS Lists

Found a good website that has some really handy information?  Post your links here...

Return to References, Websites, Facts...

Regional CRS Lists

Postby thisunpleasant2 » 11 Mar 2014, 12:26

Hello, I had an idea/suggestion..
Was wondering if there would be a way to create regional lists of CRSs that folks have had first hand experience with and would either recommend (or recommend avoiding).
This forum is an extremely valuable resource for all sorts of information, and for those of us who have decided to have LIS or another big procedure, it would be great to have some specific recommendations. Online ratings, etc are not always reliable in determining whether a surgeon is a good choice. Nothing beats a first hand recommendation.
Just curious if this was something that others would be interested in and that could be implemented...
Thanks for reading.
thisunpleasant2
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Regional Lists

Postby Savaici » 12 Mar 2014, 13:18

Good suggestion! I think it will have to be broader than regional, an around the world list. Will make a sticky.

Will sort something out. Any ideas, just mention them here.

Sav
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: Regional CRS Lists

Postby Scientist2516 » 12 Mar 2014, 13:54

It would be helpful to have some indicator of how good the CRS is, with categories like knowledgeable, sympathetic and skillful, where skillful could mean good at conducting exams without tearing you worse, and good at performing LIS.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby Savaici » 12 Mar 2014, 18:37

There was an attempt previously (a couple of years ago) to start a thread for opinions on specific doctors. It was not too successful. I don't think that this is the place for detailed opinions on doctors, more than to say the basics about an experience. Thinking of the law here when I say this. There are sites where it is possible to rate your experience with a doctor, where I am sure they have the assistance of an attorney; we don't, so would not want to have any opinions that could be legally misinterpreted, and any like that would have to be removed.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby thisunpleasant2 » 13 Mar 2014, 22:54

I see. I can understand being concerned about legal implications. Maybe if there were a category within which folks could only post positive reviews of their CRSs with the name of the city they are in, that might be a way to avoid any legal issues? I don't think any surgeons are going to be upset by free press, but I'm no expert. :)
thisunpleasant2
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3