New here

New here with story and questions

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New here

Postby idream10 » 24 Mar 2014, 09:50

Hi I have been an AF sufferer for 8 years. The first fissure 8 years ago came after the birth of my son. I had it for 6 months and eventually healed it by using an enema in the morning. I have had a fissure on and off for the last 8 years but healed quickly with starting the enema again.

In the past 3 years I have developed IBS-c and take miralax daily. I developed a fissure On Feb 2 and this one has been the worse one to date. I cant use the enema because it feels like it cant go in and it hurts. I have been taking one 600 mg ibuprofen and using nitro and that seems to stop the pain. So my problem this week is I cant use the ibuprofen because I am getting a colonoscopy done on Friday. I have been in constant pain and spasm for 24 hours and wondered if asking my doc for a pain med will help just to get me through this week?
idream10
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: New here

Postby Savaici » 26 Mar 2014, 13:24

Really not a question that we could answer for you, as you had received advice not to take the anti-inflammatory before your colonoscopy. Hope you managed to sort it out with your doctor, and you are not in too much pain now...and :wel: to the forum.

Good luck with your colonoscopy on Friday.

Sav
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222