Botox in Uk

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Botox in Uk

Postby Guest » 27 Jan 2008, 14:20

I have an appt with a CRS on wednesday. This is in England and on the NHS. I was sort of hoping that I might be able to go down the Botox route. Does anyone know if theyll do that on the NHS or would you have to go private. Also if you do have to go private, how much does it cost?
Thanx

Re: Botox in Uk

Postby val » 27 Jan 2008, 16:02

I went to a Nuffield private hospital. I have had a bad experience with the hospital in our area, but for such a delicate operation, I wouldn't trust the NHS. But thats just me personally! I paid Ј120 for each consultation, then I had the LIS, skin tag removed, fistulotomy and they did a sigmoidoscopy too. It cost Ј2171, but it was the best money I've ever got into debt for!! They do mediloans where you pay 10% deposit and then pay 10 monthly installments. I had mine done at the Ipswich, Suffolk one by a Dr.Omer and he was absolutely brilliant.
I'm not sure that they do botox over here, and I wouldn't have thought it would be available on the NHS, but I could be wrong.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 27 Jan 2008, 16:15

Oh, I agree with you Val - that money was well spent : ))) !!! We all spend thousands of $ anyway over the months or years for all kind of treatments and gadgets and creams. Dr. Omar is worth his weight in gold , in my humble opinion ; ). I would dance belly-dance for him if I were you Val ; ))) !!! Maybe I will come to UK to take care of my skin-tag ; ) !
Big Hug
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby val » 28 Jan 2008, 01:46

Haha! Yes, you're so right-I spent hudreds on painkillers alone, not to mention all the oils, supplements, epsom salts-oh, and the lovely bland diet of course!! By the way,are you still on the diet, Fis? I've had CHOCOLATE! It was sooooo lovely!!!
Dr. Omer does work in the states sometimes I think, although I'm not sure whereabouts. I have an appointment(gulp!) on wednesday night for a post op check up(big scream!) so I can ask him?
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 28 Jan 2008, 02:50

Oh please do ; ))) - feel free to tell him that I am a great dancer - bely dance included ; ))) !!! If he is into that kind of thing LOL , or he might rather have me make 5 course dinner for him , ha ha ha. Anyway ; ) - I am not on fissure diet any more - I eat it all , including chocolate and bag of gummy-bears that I devoured tonight in the theater LOL !!! What could I do - movie was boring ; ) !?! I eat a lot of veggies and fruits , but I always did. I drink a lot of tea - but again - I always did. The only new thing is that I take metamucile 2 times a day , and that is all. Poop is medium soft , as it always was
@; ). So, I can say that I do have a same diet that I had before the fissure. I was afraid to try popcorn though LOL, but I am sure in couple of months I will have a courage.
Yes, it is so nice to eat "normal" food again and be able to go to a restaurant and not make poor cook "adjust " food just for my fissure - I swear - they probably thought that I was the spoiled
brat with all demands or some kind of health freak - ahhhhh, if they only knew it was a crack in my butt LOL !!!!
I am so happy to see you completely free of pain and happy again - I would like to say - "I told you so.." he he he.
BIG HUG !!! Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 28 Jan 2008, 14:48

Addenbrookes in Cambridge do Botox on the NHS, not sure about anywhere else though.
My local hospital don't do it..