Possible upcoming surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Possible upcoming surgery

Postby suzyljank » 24 Apr 2014, 10:55

I'm so glad you had your surgery and the pain in minimal. Hope you continue to heal and have a speedy recovery. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby 19seventy » 26 Apr 2014, 12:18

Yesterday feeling pretty good with mostly pain free bm's in the morning. The day didn't go as planned I ended up driving and puttin in a twelve hour shift. I have time off work but work in the emergency response field so sometimes it's just necessary to to your job. Didn't lift anything over ten pounds and I managed to stand, sit and eat well. Felt good when I got home.

This morning a mostly pain free bm with the most blood I've seen since the surgery. With that said it's still nothing like the blood before surgery. Second bm was painless also. I get an occasional sting from the LIS site. The anoplasty site is where I thought the pain would be. All I get is the tension of where they sewed my donor site back together. No pain though. Maybe I just overdid a little yesterday.

Going to take it easy today as I'll probably be back into work tomorrow. I was prescribed two colace a day but I'm going to get down to one. My poo is not formed. Like rabbit poo with liquid. I've never had a problem with a bm as far as hard. I'm thinking I've got to stiffen things up a bit. Seems the sting comes from watery stool. If it still is to wet I'll probably call CRS ans see about getting off all together.

I feel good from where I've been. I'm hoping this is the worst ill ever feel and it only gets better.
19seventy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby 19seventy » 29 Apr 2014, 17:02

Today is day 9 of my recovery. I ended up working the last three days. Mostly sat and drove today. WOW, what a difference. Very little blood and it seems the LIS sight is going away. I'd say my BM's are pain free. Back on my normal bm schedule also. Down to one colace but still a little runny than normal. I get the drainage burn some but even that seems to be dwindling. Where they sewed me back together the stitches are starting to pull which is slightly annoying.

Accidentally lifted something heavy today and felt fine but I immediately put it down as not to do damage. I've been feeling so well I forget about the lifting thing. Looks like ill work the whole week and then go to the CRS next week for my checkup.

These have been the best days in a very long time. I pray it continues to heal. Reading stories about anoplasty I was scared. So far recovery has been amazing. Last Saturday my wife and I went out to dinner. Couldn't believe after that surgery I was out 5 days later. I'll try and keep posting every few days.
19seventy
Fibre Addict

Postby owmybum » 30 Apr 2014, 09:09

I'm so pleased to hear things are going so well in your recovery!! You must be superman healing so fast!! Lol

Thanks for updating... Makes me feel better about flap surgery hearing your super positive story!

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby 19seventy » 30 Apr 2014, 17:04

Thanks. Not so sure about superman. I can say I was super scared and now I don't know why. I look forward to seeing what the CRS has to say next week. I'm awaiting the next phase, viscous itching. Looking forward to it hoping it's the last phase. I forgot to take colace yesterday and it's all good. I know it's a long road but hopefully I can enjoy the journey.
19seventy
Fibre Addict

Postby 19seventy » 08 May 2014, 18:12

Went to the CRS yesterday and wasn't sure what to expect. Asked me about the pain and I said I never really had any heavy pain. He seemed a little surprised. He made an inspection and seemed to be pleased. His words were "excellent". Took out the four stitches, most pain I had in weeks but only lasted 5minutes. Said I should be past the risk of infection but to be vigilant. One dog story and see ya in six weeks. The smile on my face was huge.

What a difference from where I was 18 days ago. I'm not even sure what I should do now. I started doing daily 3.5 mile fitness hikes last weekend. I'll start using my pack starting this weekend, maybe only 30 pounds though. No need to go backwards. Four days after surgery managing a large wildfire, in and out of the helo, driving. Never would of figured it would be this good. I took one day off after that and have been working since.

I drove two hours the other day to teach a class and no pain. Worked under the helo all day and then drove back and no pain. When I say I'm amazed I'm not kidding. Hoping not to curse it but I can truly say it's like I was just given my life back. Got a ways to go yet but pray it's all good.

I'm not wise enough to give advice but please don't be impatient, as I was, and rush into the wrong doctor. Needless parts of my life were lost, vacations missed, friends and family not seen, etc. The agony of waiting a little longer will be well worth it in the long run.

I'll post my six week results, hopefully all good.
19seventy
Fibre Addict

Postby 19seventy » 12 Dec 2014, 14:32

It's been awhile since my surgery is I thought I'd give what the past months have been like. AWESOME!!!! I had a few setbacks along the way but they were minor. I had some bleeding about 2 weeks after my last post. Then I seemed to have some for two months but only a day or two. CRS said the stitches had pulled out of some spots and that was why I was bleeding. It's been over three months since any blood. I'm still cautious how I eat but haven't taken any mineral oil or anything for months. I'm even back to eating spicy foods.

I never thought I'd be this normal again. I make sure I get enough water and fiber everyday. Sometimes I feel a little discomfort but don't think I'm completely healed yet.

I was super nervous about this surgery and am so happy I had it. Nobody wants to have surgery but I'm glad I did

Good luck to all!
19seventy
Fibre Addict