new in here

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: new in here

Postby ButtQueen » 11 May 2014, 21:34

Thanks, guys :) My prayers go out to you. You all will heal. Just be patient :)
ButtQueen
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Re: new in here

Postby student » 22 May 2014, 16:45

Hi all,
I have had a chronic fissure for about three months now, and the pain is starting to wear me down mentally and physically. Initially my doctor prescribed suppositories that had an antibiotic i turned out to be allergic to. The mineral oil made a mess of my GI tract, and for the past week i haven't been in the greatest control of my BMs, its really liquid and the smell has made me throw up. A couple days after the the antibiotic reaction, I felt good enough to eat, so I ate some chocolate cake thinking I would gain a little weight back. Turns out, I am now extremely lactose intolerant, and the cake gave me a rough two days. Then the doctor prescribed me different suppositories, with only hydrocortisone, they worked well for a few days, but my sphincter has become more and more tight, and is now refusing to let the suppository in. The nitroglycerin cream gave me headaches, and not much relief, warm baths help more. The nurse just prescribed me nifedipine, and wants to meet in a week to discuss Botox. Can someone please give me some info on the Botox procedure? I live alone and halfway across the country from my family.
student
Salt Bather

Topics: 2