I'm New Here....

Fissures

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

I'm New Here....

Postby AEF » 28 May 2014, 12:00

To begin, I'm in my 20's and was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. It's been a pretty rough ride already and now I have this fissure. The itching and the pain is sometimes unbearable! I bought a lidocaine cream at a local pharm but I have to apply it ever 3 hours or so to get through the day! I know I shouldn't be embarrassed about it but I am since this is just yet another thing I have to worry about.I usually get backed up for a week after each chemo cycle not to mention the other issues. DAMN YOU ADRIAMYACIN! I also have IBS and the chemo makes it worse since it's destroying my entire GI tract. I have a Gastrointerologist but I did not know if I need to speak to him about this issue or my Chemo Oncologist since this is probably because of the chemo.

Can anyone advise, please?!
AEF

Topics: 1

Re: I'm New Here....

Postby Apes » 28 May 2014, 12:15

Really sorry to hear you are going through this. I think I would talk to both the ocologist and GI SO YOU CAN COORDINATE ANY TREtment. Don't be embarrassed you are going through a lot and need to take good care of yourself. I wish the best.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby owmybum » 28 May 2014, 14:14

I'm so sorry to hear this....... It must be such a worrying time for you without the added bonus of a fissure thrown into the mix.
I agree with apes.... I think it's something you need to discuss with everyone who is treating you. I wouldn't like to suggest a stool softener, as I don't know if you would be aloud to take it whilst undergoing chemo.

I can suggest to drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated, and help to keep your bms soft. Warm baths, hot water bottles are good to sit on to bring relief, a blob of Vaseline on your anus just before a bm, to protect the fissure, and lubricate the way. Lots of fruits and veggies, oats and soluble fibre rich foods.

I hope something there can bring you at least some relief.

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby AEF » 28 May 2014, 20:13

Thank you both for your quick responses. I was able to pull out a mirror after my BM tonight and it was worse than I originally thought :-( It's not just one like I originally thought. There are several.
I will definitely be looking into doctor advise soon!
AEF

Topics: 1

Postby Jbl22424 » 28 May 2014, 21:24

I would talk to your oncologist but also make an appointment with a CRS. They can make the proper recommendations and you can consult your doctor before proceeding with any of them. I'm so sorry you have to go through this!
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
LIS (May 2014) - cured for 3 months then setback
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9