anal fissure story

my anal fissure story

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: anal fissure story

Postby Apes » 03 Jun 2014, 13:53

Connej, 5 more weeks? Haven't you had the fissure for over a year? If so and you are not getting any better, I would be inclined to be a little more aggressive. Did you talk to him about Botox?
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby connej » 03 Jun 2014, 19:57

Well it's been on and off there was quite some time where it was off. Yes he mentioned it but I think we will fully discuss it if it hasn't healed. I think part of his reasoning is that I have never actually committed to using the rectogesic for a full couple of months... so yeah I think it's fair enough. There has been improvement but there seem to always be set backs which is sometimes my fault because I forget to take metemucil :/
connej
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby student » 03 Jun 2014, 23:01

man thats rough. ive had mine since jan, brief heal, then back in mid march. ive been using nitro cream- sorta helps. id say to be much more strict with your diet, i know its hard but its necessary. nothing hard, crunchy, sticky/gummy, spicy, too sour, too carby or starchy, meat, dairy, or junk food. ive lost about 15 lbs, and am now out of shape. it really does take over your life, i know how you feel. i made a diary here it helps me mentally.
student
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby connej » 14 Jun 2014, 22:02

Hello all, another update:

I had a week of normality, no pain, no blood, no nothing.. however i have been ill this week with a virus, my stools have actually been much bulkier than usual and this morning, there was a bit of blood :((( Now I'm terrified that this means all that progress will mean nothing, i am so sad, i just hate how this happens :'(
connej
Fibre Addict

Postby connej » 14 Jun 2014, 22:48

Hello Student, thanks for your reply

I agree it really does take over your life, it certainly has for me

Diet is a problem for me because I'm actually trying to put on weight at the moment, doctors have advised me to not limit what i eat because of fissure so long as i keep up my fibre intake
connej
Fibre Addict

Postby Ever the Optimist » 15 Jun 2014, 04:01

Hi Connej,
Don't give up! It takes over your life but temporarily, and things will get better!
A bit of blood is never that bad and lots of people experience this even when they are healing...it's important to measure your progress in terms of pain intensity as opposed to bleeding (unless severe or constant).
Don't give up on the cream and stick with it as advised. I had very positive results with Diltiazem, so do have great faith that these creams can really help some of us.
Weight gain comes as you start to heal and you figure out exactly what you can & can eat...it does naturally come back on (and has done for a lot of us after losing an awful lot and then getting ourselves back on track)...
I would suggest lots of avocados, nuts (well chewed) olive oils to help - I don't have an issue with moderate amounts of chocolate and would suggest the odd Snickers bar or something to that effect. It depends on what you find your bowels can handle.....Wishing you all the very best and stay strong :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby connej » 15 Jun 2014, 22:01

Hello Ever the Optimist,

thank you for your kind, inspiring words and advice :)

I just hope this is a little set back because i had my hopes up that i was almost healed completely :/

I will just think about the positives, it is MUCH better than it has been in the past
connej
Fibre Addict

Postby soey » 19 Jun 2014, 08:51

Connej, i feel for you.
I've been doing better and better, but because of my IBS, i'm now in more pain AGAIN. NOT as bad as it was though.
I have a tip you might wanna try :) when you go for a BM, Sit up STRAIGHT, place your fingers right behind your anus and PRESS WITH YOUR FINGERS. When you do this, your stool will take a different turn, and irritate the fissure MUCH LESS. And please let me know if it works for you!
soey
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 18