Broken glass pain. Advice please?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Broken glass pain. Advice please?

Postby Flaneur » 12 Jun 2014, 06:29

A week after botox and fissurectomy, this morning I had what I'm convinced is a retear. I felt it happen, plenty of blood on the TP and all day I've had a constant stinging, broken glass pain, with the occasioanl soasm coming from the fissure site. it's truly awful. Normally the pain subsides after a few hours, but today it's been constant. Paracetamol hasn't touched it. I'm in bed now ith a hit water bottle which offers a little relief.
I have to go to work tomorrow and will be on my feet most of the day. Can anyone suggest ways to relieve this stinging pain? Today I've applied rectogesic, coconut oil and Dr wheatgrass, all of which have had very little effect.
Thanks in advance.
Flaneur
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Re: Broken glass pain. Advice please?

Postby Apes » 12 Jun 2014, 07:19

Flaneur, Sorry you are having this pain. You seem to be doing all the right things. When I had that stinging pain there was nothing much i could do. I found a bath worked best, I would take 4, 5 baths a day. Obviously that will not be possible at work. I would talk to your doctor about an anti-depressant or something to relax you, that might help a little. Don't give up on the botox, my first week was pretty painful, with burning and cutting glass. Being you also had a fissurectomy, it may take you longer to get some relief. I know this hell and will take a lot of time, hang in there.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby owmybum » 13 Jun 2014, 13:43

I'm sorry to hear this Flaneur...... It's so heart breaking when it happens.
I would think a nice long bath to sooth and relax the muscles.
Maybe your gp could prescribe you some local anaesthetic cream to put on to get you through work. Something like instilligel.

I hope things settle down soon... The Botox should be kicking in properly over the next few days... That's when I noticed a difference.

OMB xx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Ever the Optimist » 13 Jun 2014, 13:43

Hi Flaneur,
This is horrible pain to deal with and you're doing some good things. As Apes says, heat and hot baths are very helpful for short-term relief and just like Apes, I took hot baths (sometimes with Epsom Salts) frequently (up to 3 baths a day)
I was also put onto ADs temporarily because it was just killing me mentally. Valium helped me through some of the worst days a lot! It's really early days after your surgery, so please hang in there and hopefully, things will become gradually and noticeably better and better for you as time passes.
It's vital to keep up the positive self talk and remind yourself that as painful and distressing this all is right now, it WON'T always be like this! In the meantime, keep your BMs as soft as you can, please don't strain at any cost, keep up with the stool softeners and lots of fluids...It's also good to lubricate the area with a little Vaseline prior to BMs to help protect things & let things expel a little more easily. All the very best to you:)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again